Space Between

Lilly POV

Me and Yousef are not as good as we first met. We're not talking. Well we are but it depends if you count shouting as talking.

We have been married for 2 years now and it's true when they say marriage is tough it is.

I'm waiting for Yousef to come home because as I was cleaning, his little wife made a discovery or two. Or maybe three.

After a hour of waiting, I switched off the lights and walked up the stairs when the door opened. Right on time.

Yousef smiled at me as I returned with a fake smile.

"Hey Lils" He tries to hug me but I shrug his arm off. He gives a confused look before speaking again.

"What's up?"

"Oh don't 'what's up' me!" My voice raised before we even started a conversation. I roll my eyes as I walk up the stairs and go into the bedroom.

"Why are you playing me?" I ask and Yousef's eyes widen as he sits on the bed.

"I wouldn't play my wife!" He says and I roll my eyes. I signalled him to stay as I go into the bathroom for a minute.

"What are these then?" I walk in with a pair of bra & panties and three used condoms. He looks down.

"YOUR EFFING PLAYING WITH ME YOUSEF. YOUR OWN WIFE!" I scream as I throw the items at him. I sit on the desk chair and look at him.

"Yousef look me in the eyes right now" His eyes lock into mine. Guilt washed in his eyes. I take a deep breath before speaking.

"Why are you doing this? I'm going to have a baby girl for god sake and you want to be so effing selfish. Really?"

He walks towards me and holds my hands and looks into my eyes.

"I'm sorry Lils. After you announcing to me and the public that you were pregnant, I kinda had a down side because we couldn't have 'those' moments for at least 9 months. I'm sorry."

"How long have you been going to this girl?" I say without looking at him.

"Since you were 1 month pregnant and I went out that night and lied saying I went to Alex's for that night"

"So just because we couldn't have sex. Is that why your cheating on me Yousef? I'm giving birth in like two months from now. Your fucking lieing" I had held it in for to long. I know I didn't curse but I was on the edge of losing it.

"Tell me the real motherfucking reason why your doing this to me. To us" I let go of his hands and place my own on my already huge belly.

"Because I needed someone to love. Someone to make me feel like I'm special to them. Your just not that person right now" He goes into the bathroom and I can hear his sobs from the bathroom.

I sit on the bed as tears stream down my face. I thought he loved me and cared. I guess not. I get ready for bed and switch off the bedroom light.

Five minutes later, I hear Yousef climb into bed. His muscles not around me and our child. I could feel the space between us.

Like the space between our hearts.

"Yousef?"

"Yeah Lil... I mean Lilly?" I quietly let tears come out of my eyes.

"I want a divorce"

~