Calm Before The Storm

VENUS AFTER DARK

Cedric was speechless. He has seen Shay a dozen times but never up close. Her exotic beauty was stunning. Her eyes were such a striking blue especially against her pitch black hair. The Moreel became suddenly aware of the suspicion in the dark haired succubus's eyes. Realizing the situation he put himself in he went to get up, "Sorry for wasting your time." As he was turning around he saw her hand reach out for his arm with that soft red glow to it. He caught her arm by the wrist making sure she did not make contact with her thrall. "I'm not one for thralls, succubus."

Shay wasn't at all impressed with the stranger's knowledge of what fae type she was. "I didn't realize you were a Moreel. Normally when my thrall doesn't work, and that rarely happens, I would go with kicking you square in the chest. I'm just not feeling breaking my foot, or ankle or even my leg." Since he was quick to point out her species she figured she would return the favor. She felt it in his smooth cool hands. "What was with the weird gaping stare?"

The Moreel knew it was best to smooth this situation over as soon as possible. He never got Odin's permission to tell Shay any information. "It was your beauty and your quickness to point out how unappealing my gender was to you." He turned on his heels and headed to the bar before she had the chance to respond to anything else. From this point on no distractions it was time for strictly work.

The dark haired succubus watched him walk to the bar. He set off all kinds of alarms in the dark fae. She would have to report this guy to Evony and Lauren. This one could be a member of the seethe fae killers. She gave him the once over before retreating to the back. She wanted to be sure she was able to describe him in perfect detail so they would be able to spot him again.

2 DAYS LATER – LAUREN'S PENTHOUSE

Lauren and Bo were sitting in the kitchen as Lauren gave Bo a fork full of the breakfast she just made. "It's good right? See there is more to this seethe than kick ass power and the whole awesome doctor thing." She waited for Bo to finish chewing before gently kissing her cheek.

Bo loved the time the two spent together the past two days. Besides the incredibly hot passionate sex there was just a lot of time for the two of them to talk and be a normal mushy couple. No talk of upcoming doom or her father's return. Just them enjoying time together, they both shut their phones off and Lauren gave strict instructions to the front guards that no one was allowed to disturb them. "Can we do this for another few days?" Bo wasn't ready to go back to the worrying and training.

"Um as much as I would truly love to, I think if we don't turn on our phones soon our friends are going to try their training exercises on the building guards." She already peeked into Bo's thoughts and although she agreed that the past couple of days were amazing and well deserved. Life was still going on outside her penthouse walls and they needed to be ready and prepared or there would be no more days like these. Seeing the slight look of disappointment in her lover's eyes she put her hands on Bo's capturing her attention. "When we win, and when this is over, we will travel the world like you originally wanted. Just us, wherever you want to go, I love you Bo and we will enjoy thousands of days like these once we kick ass." She smiled as she added in the last part confident that they might actually come out of this.

"Fine, but I am holding you to that," the succubus knew she was right of course but still wanted those few extra days. After all they lost over 5 months of time together.

Lauren hesitantly got up to retrieve their cell phones. When she came back in the room she turned both phones on handing Bo's phone to her as she sat next to her again. "No chance that I can convince you not to be there if we find out when this is going to happen?"