٥

Picture of Imaan and Hadeel to the top^^

                                   HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham

It was already Friday, and Hadeel's number was still going to voicemail. Imaan and I were starting to panick, was he alright? We had no idea. We had checked his workplace and we were told he had called in sick.
I had thought about it throughout the previous night, Imaan was trying to avoid everyone knowing her marriage was in trouble, at the same time, we needed to be sure Hadeel was alright. However, Imaan was still not willing to open up to anyone else but me, about the matter and I was trying really hard to respect that. She said she knew her husband and he was fine, he was just taking time to cool off. I wasn't going to buy that of course. It was getting to a week, why was it taking him that long to cool off? Didn't he care about the wife he left at home?
I needed to speak to someone, someone that could figure out where he'd be and speak some sense into him because he was starting to hurt my friend a little bit too much. I couldn't speak to Yasmeem about the matter even though he was her step brother and neither could I speak to Sufyan, they weren't really close friends. However, I knew the perfect person that could resolve the matter with ease.

Asaad AKA My BOSS

I had planned everything in my head, I just had to execute it. I was going to ask my secretary to speak with Asaad's personal assistant on when he'd be free during the day. I would then proceed to approach him during his free time and discuss the matter with him.

Easier said than done.

This was someone I hadn't conversed with in years and probably still hated me. What if he chose to send me out of his office? No, he wouldn't do that. Or would he?

You'll never know until you try Elham.

I sighed, this was going to be difficult, but I had to do this for my best friend. I couldn't stand seeing her mental health deterioratelike that.

"Salaam alaykum. His personal assistant says Mr Khaled would be free by 2:30pm. Is there something important you'd like to discuss with him ma'am? And is there a way I can help out?" Rahma asked, as she walked into my office. I looked away from the computer screen , adjusting the frame of my eyeglasses.

"No it's fine. You don't need to bother. I'm discussing something personal with him actually" I said to her. There was a curious expression on her face but she simply nodded.

"Also, you do not have to use the word 'ma'am' pleaseeee. Elham or Miss Sulayman is fine" I said to her with a smile. She mirrored my expression and quietly nodded before exiting the room.

Maybe it was because I was anxious because I kept on glancing at the clock a million times until it was 2:30 pm.
I quickly stood up and straightened my abaya before leaving the room.

I knocked on the CEO's room and waited for a few seconds, before I entered.
I was not expecting to see who I saw.

Farhanna.

I couldn't resist rolling my eyes. She was seated at the edge of his table, beside him. Her back was faced at me but I was pretty sure it was her.

Asaad Khaled locked eyes with me as he wrapped his hand around his cup of coffee, eyeing me warily.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked, with a bored expression on his face. He had a fresh haircut and a clean beard shave, I lowered my gaze as soon as I realized I was staring too much.

Farhanna turned, now realizing someone had stepped into the room. I ignored her presence, refusing to even spare her a look. "Yes sir. I wanted speaking to you about an issue" I muttered.