٢٣

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham.

I waited for my food to be packaged instead, before leaving. Rayyan was smirking the entire time.
I needed to find Asaad, we needed to speak about what had just happened. Once I had dropped the bag containing my food in my office, I headed to his.

Once I knocked on the door, it opened, revealing his assistant.

"Hello, good afternoon. Mr Khaled isn't seeing anyone at the moment" he said to me, as I stepped in.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Where is he?" I asked, ignoring his statement.

"I'm afraid I cannot disclose that piece of information to you at the mo-" he said, before I cut him off.

"Where. Is. He?" I deadpanned. He grew pale and pointed towards a door.

I nodded, walking towards the door. I had always noticed the door but never knew where it led to. Once I twisted the door knob. I was greeted by a room that was slightly smaller but had glass walls on three sides that showed off a beautiful view. I could spot our apartment building from there. The room had a very long white couch by one wall and a few furniture littered here and there. I noticed a spread prayer mat at the far end corner of the room.They were also a few papers scattered around the floor and on the center table.

He looked towards me immediately but looked away even quicker, as I shut the door behind me. He was seated on the couch with some papers in his hands. I had to admire how attractive he looked in his grey tuxedo.

"Why're you here?" He asked, not bothering to look my way.

"I-" I said, before he interrupted me.

"This is a private room and you're in no position to walk in here without my permission Miss" he stated, as he flipped the paper in his hands to the next one.

Miss? Last time I checked I'm a Mrs!

Oh he's veryyy angry.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to-"

"Leave" he muttered under his breath.

Ouch.

"What?" I questioned, taken aback.

"Leave, now" he muttered, still not bothering to look at me.

If there was one thing we did a lot, it was eye contact, it had definitely grown to become our thing. We made a lot of eye contact regardless of the situation and the types of emotions involved. However, he couldn't spare not even a glance at me which hurt me deeper than I could have ever expected.

I nodded quietly, and exited the room. I ignored his assistant's presence as I stepped out of the office.

I couldn't focus or achieve any proper amount of work for the rest of the day.

Why do we work in the same place anyway?

*****************************************************

Once I parked my car , I took an elevator to the last floor and stepped into our apartment.
Asaad was most definitely still at work, the house felt lonely as I walked through the doors.
I prayed Maghrib and proceeded to take a shower. It was a long hot shower as I replayed the events of the day. The way he asked me to leave hurt me more , every time I thought about it.
Couldn't he have listened to what I had to say at least?
Why did he have to kick me out like that?

What I did was wrong, but it was only wrong from his perspective as I didn't actually have any ill intentions.
I slipped my hands into my red bathrobe and wrapped it around my waist, tying the rope to the side. Once I was in the bedroom, I noticed my phone was ringing.