١٨

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham

I jumped slightly as the door burst open, I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to prevent the tears that were gathered in them from rolling out, but this made them escape even easier.

Looking to the mirror, I was slightly shocked to see her standing there.

I lifted my hands up to wipe my tears but decided against it. I didn't want to ruin my makeup even further, I was just going to let it dry and have Imaan fix it for me.
The door shut closed behind her as she approached me.

What evil genius plan does she have this time around.

"Elham Sulayman" My names rolled out of her mouth.

My eyes met hers through the mirror. Amna hadn't changed much. She was still as pretty as she was. She had heavy makeup on but it still managed to suit her so well.

"What do you want from me?" I asked her.

She looked down , and then back at me.

"What do you think I want from you?" She threw the question back at me.

I shook my head. " I wouldn't know would I? Beverage I've been asking you that question since high school" I challenged her.

She smiled, her pearly white teeth sparkling. "I've changed. And so have my wants. I want something different from you now" she stated.

I squeezed my eyebrows together. "And what is it that you want now?" I questioned her.

"Your forgiveness"

I stiffened at her words. I mentally pinched myself to cross check if this was not a dream.

"Forgiveness you say?" I inquired.

She nodded, walking to my front and standing in between the mirror and I.

"Yes Elham. I'd like to ask for your forgiveness" she repeated, looking at me.

"Forgiveness from what?" I asked her.

She chuckled. "Oh please. We both know that I bullied you a lot back then" She retorted sarcastically.

"You definitely do not sound like someone that's begging for forgiveness" I stated.

She gave an amused look. "Let's not use the word beg. How about seek? I'm seeking your forgiveness" she clarified.

I stared at her blankly, not uttering a word.

She sighed. "Fine, look.... I know I was a terrible person. I said and did really harsh and nasty things to you. You didn't deserve any of that because all you did was literally mind your business. What did I want from you? Nothing. I just hated the fact that you were sp steadfast in your deen Elham. You were perfect, you are perfect. Reserved, responsible, disciplined, mature, humble, smart and religious. Everything I was not"

I gasped. "Oh believe me, I'm far from perfect" I countered.

She shook her head. "You are perfect Elham. You were, especially for a teenager just like I was. And yet, you weren't stupid or busy making foolish mistakes like the rest of us. And you are genuinely a good person" she declared.

I shook my head, refusing to believe her.
This had to be a trap.

"I know you don't believe me. But please do. This is why I came all the way here. I didn't come to torment you" she paused, smirking.

This girl was weird.

"I came to fix things. See, when Asaad came, my hatred for you grew deeper. I couldn't help but wonder why the hottest and wealthiest boy in school only interacted with you. I felt I had all the beauty, which I do" she said, pausing to wink.