١٥

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Asaad's POV

Recap: The door pushed open and I saw her standing there. I immediately zoned out of what Asma was ranting about and told her I'd call later.Elham closed the door behind her before walking towards my desk. She stopped in front of it before making eye contact with me.
"Your secretary said you wanted seeing me?" She asked as her beautiful green eyes met with my grey ones.
I couldn't bring myself to speak or even look away.
Why do I feel this way whenever she's around me?

Elham, what're you doing to me?

"Hello?" She said, confused. That was when I realized that I hadn't answered her question.

I blinked quickly. "Yes, please take a seat" I said to her.

She did as I said, but I could tell that she didn't seem too comfortable from her sitting posture.

"You called earlier" I started.
She lifted her eyes at my words, to look at me.

" yeah" she simply said.

"What did you want to discuss?" I asked her, arching a brow.

" I told you, it's nothing" she replied.

I sighed. "You do realise that I know when you're lying right?"

She gave me a look that I couldn't exactly decipher.

She began to speak, but paused. It seemed that she was contemplating on whether to speak or not.

"Fine, it's about wedding" she muttered.

My heart skipped a beat at that. I knew it, she had changed her mind about getting married.

"What about it?" I asked reluctantly.

Her eyes wandered around nervously.
"I don't know. I don't want to sound stupid. But, is it possible that we keep it a secret? From like the staff?" Something in me relaxed when I heard her question.

Although, I was definitely not expecting her to say that, I understood why she'd ask for that. She probably felt a lot of pressure already about getting married to me. She was doing it for her father and it didn't seem like she was all too happy about it. And working in the same place with your partner wasn't exactly the most interesting thing especially for someone like Elham who avoided any form of attention on her. There was going to be a lot of gossiping and rumors once everyone found out and she was most likely not ready for that.

Actually, I had already predicted that this would be a problem for her and I made sure to keep the bride's identity as private as possible. Plus, She was a Niqabi so it would be a bit difficult for people to figure out who exactly it was since there was quite a number of Niqabis in NYC.

"Alright, I'll see to it" I said and I noticed her breathe out in relief.

"Thanks, I'll really appreciate that" She said.

I was about to say something but I was interrupted.

John came in, holding a cup of coffee. He dropped the hot, steamy cup on my desk and left abruptly.

"Is there something else you would like us to discuss?" She asked me.

"Why? Are you that eager to leave?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, with an all too serious expression.

"I've noticed how you can't stand my presence. Do you hate me that much?" I blurted out, instantly regretting saying that out loud.