١٢

HIS NIQABI GIRL

Elham.

Everything had happened so fast and now I was pacing towards my office room, angrier than ever.

Once I stepped in, I shut the door behind me and sat on the sofa.

What had just happened and why did I react so impulsively?

I was sick and tired of Farhanna and every mean thing she kept saying to me throughout the years and it was about time that I addressed her once and for all.

Sighing, I massaged my temples as I was stressed from what had just happened.

A million thoughts raced through my mind but I simply ignored them, refusing to entertain them.

I had just made a mess out of the entire situation and fed Asaad's ego because he was probably now thinking that two ladies were fighting over him.

Ugh!

I was about to flip my niqab up slightly so I could drink some water, when I heard a knock on the door so I covered my face back.
I figured that it was probably Rahmah, so I asked her to come in.
Ironically, it was Asaad.

He walked in slowly, shutting the door behind him.

Instantly, I felt a surge of mixed emotions all at once. This was the first time he had stepped into my office, and we were alone, in awkward silence.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" he asked, throwing me slightly off guard. I had totally forgotten about the main issue at hand which was much more important than the fight that had just happened.

"Oh, right" I said hastily, adjusting the frame of my glasses and standing up to match his posture. Despite all the drama going on between us, Asaad was my boss and I had to always remember to keep it professional at work.

Not that we had any relationship outside of work anyway.

I briefed him about the issue, explaining to him how his decision could have a huge negative impact on the secretaries and how it would mean a lot if he could change his mind.

"It's not up to me alone, it's going to be a collective decision between the shareholders and I. And of course, the directors too" he explained calmly.

"Yes, I understand. However, you have the final say" I replied.

He gave me a blank expression. I didn't know what it was supposed to mean but it made a quick thought cross my mind. Was I overstepping boundaries? Was this unethical of me? Was I asking for too much help from him at this point?

I had also asked him to assist me when my best friend and her husband were having some problems and he helped. And although, he made it clear to me that he wasn't doing it for me but rather, for his cousin Hadeel, I couldn't help but still feel like I owed him one.
And now, here I was again, asking him for another favour despite the fact that there a protocol to be observed with issues like this, we had written a formal letter and were awaiting a response . Yet, I was here trying to persuade him with the hopes that he'd listen to me better, due to whatever it was that our relationship was.

Was I taking advantage of him? I didn't have an answer to that question but I knew that I was only fighting for a good cause and that was all that mattered.

"Look, I'm really sorry if I'm overstepping boundaries, I just thought that I had an opportunity to help someone in need and thought to try my best. So please, I would appreciate it if you considered my request. Like I said, I know it is a collective decision sir, but you also have the final say" I spoke, avoiding eye contact with those green eyes.