She stood up.

"No. You are not gonna take my grandson and risk getting him killed. I already lost one of my babies and I don't wanna lose another."

"Mom, I'm not gonna get him killed. I promise. I'm gonna bring him back the same way I'm gonna take him."

She was silent for a second.

"....Alright fine. But please protect him. Please." She begged, holding her arms together.

"I will. But now, I gotta go make a couple calls."

She nodded and stepped out of the room.

I walked out after her and went into the guest room, sitting down on the bed.

I pulled out my phone and unlocked it, going to my call log. I clicked on Sean's name before putting the phone to my ear.

SEAN: "What the fuck do you want?"

I sighed.

ME: "Listen Sean, I'm really really sorry but I'm coming back and I really need to talk to you."

SEAN: "You sorry? And you need to talk to me? Nigga, fuck outta here with that bullshit."

ME: "I'm sorry, okay? I really am."

SEAN: "Fuck your sorry."

ME: "Sean, I really wanna talk to you okay? I'm coming back in a few days and it's either, you let me explain what I need to explain or you just erase me from your life."

He was silent.

SEAN: "We'll see when you get here."

And with that, he hung up the phone.

I took a deep breath and removed the phone from my ear. I scrolled down until I seen Zariah's name.

I tried calling her two times but it sent me to voicemail.

I sighed and threw my phone to the side, looking down at my hands.

"Oh Valentina." I whispered, and I could feel her spirit sitting next to me.

I got under the covers and cried to myself.

[FAST FORWARDING TO 3 DAYS LATER]

SEAN'S P.O.V.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the couch, taking a sip of my water.

As soon as I got comfortable, I heard the doorbell ring causing me to roll my eyes.

I looked through the peep hole and frowned once I seen a lady and a little boy. I u locked the locks and opened the door.

"Hey Sean." Selena said, giving me a small smile.

"Hey." I said, and my eyes traveled to the little boy who looked identical to her.

"Sean, this is my nephew Khalil. Khalil, this is one of auntie's friends, Mr. Sean." She said and he looking up at me, holding onto his superhero action figure.