chapter 4.

Zariah.

I took a deep breath and swung my purse over my shoulder, picking up my keys and cellphone.

"Hey Z, you goin home??" Donna asked.

"Yeah...I've had a long day and I'm tired." I said.

"Oh well, I won't hold you up anymore. I just wanted to say bye." She said, and I nodded.

".....Alright bye." I said, giving her a small hug.

"Bye, have a safe ride." She said, and I smiled at her before walking out the building. I walked over to my car and unlocked it before getting in.

I plugged my phone it before sitting it down in the cup holder. I sat my purse down in the passenger seat before my phone rang, causing me to roll my eyes and pick it up.

ME: "What?"

AUGUST: "Damn girl, chill out. I just wanted to ask you something."

ME: "What???"

AUGUST: "Are you free Sunday afternoon??"

ME: "...Yeah, why??"

AUGUST: "I wanted to take you and Mira out. Probably to a waterpark or somewhere y'all wanna go."

ME: "Uh......"

I thought for a minute.

ME: "Nah, I'm free."

AUGUST: "Alright, so I'll pick you up on Sunday at two-thirty?"

I sighed, nodding my head.

ME: "....Yeah."

AUGUST: "Alright, well I know you're tired so I'll talk to you in the morning."

ME: "...Okay bye Aug."

AUGUST: "Bye Z, be safe."

I nodded and took a deep breath before removing my phone from my ear, and hanging up. I put my phone back into the cup holder, and started my engine up.

I wiped my eyes, and rested my hands on the wheel, pulling out of the empty parking lot.

*********

"Oh god." I mumbled, once the sunlight came in contact with my eyes. I quickly shut them again and stuffed my head into the pillow, refusing to look back up.

"Z, get yo lazy ass up."

"5 more minutes please." I said, hoping Laura would take the hint and go away but instead she yanked the covers off my body, revealing it to the cold air.

"Bitch, get up." She said, slapping my butt, causing me to groan and roll my eyes.

"Can you please move away from me and let me sleep?" I said, causing her to sigh.

"No girl. You need to get up."

"Okay fine." I said, causing her to smile a little. I rolled my eyes and got up and started walking towards the bathroom. "So where are we going today?"

"We have our hair and nail appointment, remember?" She asked, and I thought for a minute before nodding.

"Oh yeah, right." I mumbled, grabbing my toothbrush.

"Well hurry up, I'm gonna be in the living room, making myself at home." She said, before walking off down the hall, leaving me alone.

***************

"Oh wow, this is relaxing." Laura mumbled, as the stylist scratched and ran her fingers through her scalp.

"How's you and your boo.....Lucas." I said, causing her to suck her teeth.

"Girl, that man is gonna be the death in me." She said, causing me to laugh. "I swear, he's getting in my last nerves."

I laughed again, and looked around the room at all the people that were getting their hair done. I stopped once my eyes laid on a familiar set of brownish eyes.

It was her.

The same lady who was staring at me at chickfila.

I stared at her for a split second before we shared eye contact. She gave me a small smile like last time, but instead I look away.

"Girl, you good?"

I looked over at Laura.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I said, and she looked me up and down before nodding. I could tell that she sensed something was wrong with me but she didn't say anything,

I took a deep breath and sighed, still thinking about the mysterious woman.

*********

Sorry for the late chapter, I have a lot of projects to do.

Vote and Comment!!!!!