chapter 14.

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

"Mmmhmmmm....." I hummed, getting me and Samira's breakfast ready. I put the plates out on the table with cups.

I looked up once I heard the sound of the door opening and closing. I grabbed the nearest knife and waited for the figure to come in the doorway.

"It's just me." August said, putting his keys down.

I rolled my eyes and dropped the knife once I seen August appear. I tried ignoring him and kept making breakfast for me and Samira.

"Oh, so you can't speak to a nigga now?" He asked, sitting down at the island.

I rolled my eyes again.

"Man, wassup?" He asked. "What are you so mad at??? Why are you so mad at me??"

"I'm not mad at you August." I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear me.

"Than wassup????"

"It's nothing okay, I just have a lot on my mind right now."

He took a deep breath.

"If this is about the trip than I'm sorry. I ain't mean to act the way I was, I was just upset you told her our business." He said. "But I'm cool now."

"About the trip, I've made up my mind." I said, turning around to face him.

"Oh okay....so what's your answer??"

"Sure, we'll go in the trip. I mean why the hell not??" I said.

"Wait seriously???"

I nodded my head slowly.

"Yeah I mean, it's good to have family trips and make memories. But I wanna ask you something...." I said.

"Okay......shoot."

"Selena texted me and told me you went over her house yesterday. She told me that I might wanna reconsider going on the trip with you but I told her I wanted to go on the trip. So my question is.....why did you go over her house yesterday??" I asked.

"I just talked to her ya know? Nothing major." He spoke, causing me to nod.

I looked him up and down slowly, not believing what he was saying but I nodded anyways.

"Okay well, for the trip...where should we go??" I asked, sitting down infront of him.

"Wherever you wanna go."

CANDICE'S P.O.V.

I sighed and slightly rolled my eyes as the lady infront of me started putting her items back into her cart.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone vibrated inside of my pocket, causing me to pick it up and look at the caller ID.

ME: "Hello?"

SELENA: "Why haven't you been answering my calls bitch?"

I took the phone away from my ear and looked at it, making a face.

ME: "Listen, I don't have time for this right now. Please lose your fucking attitude, than call me back."

She sighed.

SELENA: "Okay, I just wanted to tell you that August is planning to take Zariah and Samira on a trip. I don't exactly know where but that's all I could get for right now."

I took a deep breath.

ME: "Uhm....Selena I'll call you back later when I get home, I need to think about a few things."

She scoffed and hung up the phone, causing me to roll my eyes. I stuck my phone back into my pocket and looked away, thinking about August.

LAURA'S P.O.V.

I rang the doorbell and stood back, waiting for him to answer.

"Hey babe." Lucas spoke, opening the door for me.

"Hey." I smiled.

He moved out of the way, letting me walk in. I took a deep breath as I walked towards the couch in the living room.

"What are you doing here???" He asked, sitting across from me.

"Lucas, I wanna ask you something....." I said, pausing for a second. "Are you selling????"

He looked down for a slight second and looked up at me.

"You want the truth??" He asked and I nodded. "Okay then, yeah I'm selling. But I'm tryna get out, I really am."

I exhaled and looked down.

"Why???" I asked.

"Babe, it's just the way I hustle. And please, don't ask me why I can't get a real job. People just don't want niggas like me either cause of my record, or they already assume I'm a bad person because I'm black." He explained.

"But you're not a bad person." I spoke.

"I know....." He said, looking down at his feet. I instantly felt bad and threw my arms around him, comforting him as much as I could.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too."

***************
Laura in the multimedia.

Vote and Comment!!!!!