chapter 17.

{FAST FORWARDING TO A WEEK LATER}

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

"Hey princess, look down there at the ocean." I pointed, causing Samira to look out the window.

"That's so cool." She giggled.

"Hey princess, turn and face me so I can take a picture." I said and she turned and face me. She gave me a small smile and I snapped the picture.

"You ok princess?" I asked, sending the picture to August, who was sleeping across from us

"Yes, I'm just tired." She said.

"Okay then go to sleep." I said and rubbed her hair. "We're almost home."

**************

"Home sweet home."

I looked out the window of the limo to see the streets of New York. I smiled as I watched people walk into food shops or come out the mall with bags of clothes.

"Daddy, are we almost there yet?" Samira whined, throwing her feet into his lap.

"Yes princess, were almost there." He said, tickling her stomach. She giggled and started squirming around causing me to break out into a smile.

I looked at the window once I felt the limo come to a stop.

Our driver, Jeremy, came around and opened the door for us. I thanked him and got out, grabbing Samira afterwards. I held her hand as we walked up the driveway  to the front door.

I grabbed my key and opened the door, gasping at the sight.

There was broken glass everywhere.

I picked up Samira, and carefully walked, making sure I didn't step on any glass.

Once I made it to the backyard, I seen that the back doors was broken into and the plants that were sitting outside were knocked over, leaving piles of dirt everywhere.

I seen August walk into the kitchen causing me to follow after him.

He looked up at me before shaking his head.

**********

"Okay, thanks officer." I said.

He nodded and walked off, causing me to sigh.

"Well, this is just great." I mumbled as August snaked his arms around my waist.

"It's okay babe. Once I find out which motherfucka did this, I'm shooting him and his mama."

"Why is it that every time something good happens, something bad always follows behind?" I asked.

"Ion know." He mumbled. "But I know you're tired from the flight, so why don't we head to a hotel....rent a night and come back in the morning."