chapter 19. (continued)

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

I looked at the women who claimed she was my mother.

She was the same lady who I saw at Chickfila.

She was the same lady who I saw at the nail salon.

"So you're my mom?" I chuckled a little.

She nodded and grabbed onto my hands, latching them together with hers.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at August who was smiling from ear to ear. I took my hand out of her grip and run upstairs to the room August and I shared, collapsing on the bed.

I laid there and cried a little.

This women who was supposedly my mother hasn't came to visit me in 4 years. She didn't even try to look for me.

She had promised to come see me while I was in jail but she didn't.

Not even one time.

She was suppose to be the women who would always be there for me, no matter what. But I guess some mothers and daughters have relationships different from others.

"....Baby?"

I heard August's voice whisper to me.

"What?" I questioned, angry and annoyed.

"What's wrong, love? Talk to me and tell me what's wrong." He asked and I felt the bed sink, letting me know he had sat down on the bed next to me.

My head shot up quickly as I got ready to yell at him.

"She's what's wrong." I said, pointing at the door.

"What do you mean????"

"Why would you bring her here August??"

"Because I thought you guys might want to mend your mother-daughter relationship. Do you not want her here or something???" He spoke, and I shook my head.

"Of course I don't want her here. Why would I want to see the women who basically exited out my life?" I asked. "She promised to come visit me in prison August....but do you know many times she came???"

He was silent.

"She didn't come to see me at all. Not even once. It was like she was embarrassed of me or something." I said. "I don't care if you tell me I'm overreacting, I don't care. My dad walked out a long time ago and if she wants to walk out too, then so be it!"

"....Baby." He mumbled, trying to grab ahold of my hands.

"No August!!" I yelled, pushing him away from me.

"....Why won't you listen to me??? Baby...that's your mom. The lady who gave birth to you. Without her, you wouldn't even be here and Samira wouldn't be here either." He said, and I was silent.

"I know you're mad at her but is it really worth it??? Think about it....don't you think there's a reason why she didn't come and visit you??" He asked me and I was still silent.

"Exactly. That's why you need to go down there and talk to her."

I thought about it for a second before looking at him.

".....I guess so." I sighed, looking back down.

He pushed my chin up, making me look at him and he planted a kiss on my lips, causing me to smile.

"Now go down there and talk to yo momma." He mumbled against my lips.

I stood up and he slapped my ass, making me roll my eyes.