chapter 19.

explicit content up ahead. :))))
--------

[FAST FORWARDING TO A WEEK LATER.]

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

"BITCH WAKE UP!!!!"

I opened my eyes to see Laura standing there, with one of them party things that make a lot of noise.

"Oh god...." I mumbled.

She made the noise and climbed on top of me.

"ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY BITCH!!!!!!" She yelled, and started jumping on me. I grabbed a nearby pillow and buried my face into it.

She grabbed the pillow from my face and threw it across the room.

"GIRL, ITS YO BIRTHDAY. DONT BE TRYNA DO THAT FAKE SHIT." She yelled again.

I pushed her off of me and I stood up. I stretched out my body and looked next to me to find that August wasn't there, but there was a note.

My manager wanted me to start the tour early. Sorry baybeh. Really wanted to spend the day with you, but I couldn't. Take this $500 and buy yourself something pretty. Happy birthday sexy.

Love,
Big daddy Aug.

I laughed a little at the ending but immediately felt sad once I realized he was gone.

He didn't even wake me up or nothing. Just up and left.

"I'm sorry boo." Laura spoke, once she seen my face. "But don't let this ruin your day okay? Donna is on her way here to drop off Samira."

Once she said that, the doorbell rang.

"I guess she's here early." She said and we both ran down the steps to the door.

"Mommy!!!!" She screamed once I opened the door. She jumped on me and I picked her up, hoisting her on my hip.

"Hey princess." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"Happy birthday mama!" She said, hugging my neck.

"Thank you princess." I said, and put her down on the ground. She reached into her Minnie Mouse book bag and pulled out a handwritten card.

"Here you go mommy. I made this for you." She said and handed it to me.

I looked at it and opened the inside.

There was a big heart in the middle with 2 people in the middle. On top of the picture, she wrote, me and mommy, in her best handwriting.

Tears formed in my eyes as I looked at the picture.

"Aw, I'm sorry mommy. I didn't mean to make you cry." She pouted.

"No, it's good baby. I'm not crying sad tears, I'm crying happy tears." I said, and then she nodded slowly. "Thank you for the card."

"You welcome." She smiled and hugged me.

"Damn bruh, who cuttin onions??" Laura said, blinking her eyes rapidly.

"Forreal. Got a real bitch crying up in here." Donna added, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

"Whatever."

Samira smiled at me one last time, before running up the stairs to her room.

"But happy birthday girl." Donna said, giving me a hug.

"Thanks hoe." I giggled, hugging her back.

"Where's August???" She asked, causing me to sigh.

"He had to go on tour early." I spoke, rolling my eyes hard.