chapter 10.

[FAST FORWARDING TO 2 WEEKS LATER]

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

I giggled into my phone at the text message August just sent me. I typed quickly and replied back to him.

"Who the hell has all your attention that you can't even listen to what I'm trying to say??" Laura questioned.

"I'm just texting August. It's no biggie." I said, throwing my phone down on the couch next to me.

"Ooooo....ever since that night, y'all just can't stop texting each other huh?" She asked, making me laugh a little.

"I guess. It's just something about him that makes me feel warm and happy in the inside. This was kind of like the same feeling when I fell in love with him." I said, pouring my heart out to her.

"Aww, you're falling in love all over again." She cooed, making me roll my eyes.

"I am not." I said, blushing.

"You're blushing too!!! Awww that's so cute." She squealed.

"Can you please leave me alone." I said, covering up my face with my hands.

"Okay okay fine. But in all seriousness, you know your birthday is coming up right???" She asked me, and I shrugged.

"Yeah...so what?" I asked.

"So what? Bitch you're turning 21!"

"Yeah I know. I'll be able to legally drink." I said.

"Bitch that's not all." She said.

"Can we just let it go? Just buy me a fat cupcake and a candle." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You better believe I ain't gonna let this go. I'm going all out for your birthday whether you like it or not." She said, making me roll my eyes again.

********

CANDICE'S P.O.V.

"So do you have anymore information about August and that hoe?" I asked Selena, as she finished drinking her drink.

"No not really. All they do is go out on dates and kiss a lot, but they're not dating." She said, shrugging.

"Wow, we need to spice things up."

"But, I heard her birthday is coming up soon. So we could probably do something then." She said, and I tapped my nails against the table, thinking.

"I know exactly what we could do." I smirked. "But I'm gonna need you to jump in and add more drama."

"You got it boss."

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

I strolled around the store, pushing my cart while dropping different items in there. I stopped in the chips aisle to grab me and Samira a bag of chips.

I looked down at all the chips while pushing my cart slowly. I looked up once I had realized I hit someone. I looked up at the girl who stopped what she was doing to look at me.

"Oh I'm sorry." I apologized, moving my cart away from her.

"Oh your fine, I know it was an accident." She said.

"I know and I apologize, I wasn't looking when I should've been." I said, and she nodded her head.

"Apology accepted." She said and we shared a small laugh before she extended her hand. "I'm Selena."

"I'm Zariah." I said, shaking her head. "You look a little familiar. Are you sure this isn't the first we we've encountered???"

I crossed my arms.

"I think so."

"Oh well, it was nice meeting you." I said.

********

"And then I tripped over his foot and fell infront of the whole class!" Selena said, causing us to roar in laugher. "I still hate that dirtbag!!" She giggled.

After the small encounter we had, we talked for the rest of the time and exchanged numbers. Now, we were telling each other embarrassing stories from our childhoods.

"I would do, considering all the things he did to you." I said, once I was able to control my laughter.

"Ooo wow, well I've gotta go. My sister is coming over for dinner." She said, slightly rolling her eyes.

"The one in that boyfriend story??" I asked.

"Yup, the same exact female that broke up me and my boyfriend." She said, sighing. "But I'll text you later." She said, giving me a small smile before walking off in a different direction.

I watched her walk away for a slight second before opening the car door. I slid into the seat, and put on my seatbelt. I adjusted my rear view mirror before pulling off down the street.

It was very quiet in the car until my phone rang.

I quickly glanced at it before picking it up and sliding the bar over. I cleared my throat and put the phone to my ear.

ME: "..Hello??"

AUGUST: "Hey beautiful, I just wanted to check up on you and make sure you were okay."

ME: "August I'm fine...I just got out the grocery store and I met a new friend."

AUGUST: "Is that right?"

ME: "Yeah, her name is Selena. We were sharing stories and she said she knew you....."

It was silent on the other end for a while until he spoke up.

AUGUST: "How does she look like???"

ME: "She's kind of my height but a slight bit shorter and she has a mix of light and brown skin....and I couldn't see her real hair but she has long, black weave."

AUGUST: "Uh....Let me call you back."

He hung up before I could even question why. I just shook my head and dropped my phone in the cup holder and kept driving.

********

Candice in the multimedia.

Okay y'all so listen, I wrote more of this chapter but didn't know how to finish it so I just deleted part of it and left around 1000 words for you guys.

I know it isn't much, but I wanted to squeeze a quick chapter in. Oh, and I'm sorry for the late update!!!

Vote and Comment!!!!