chapter 11.

AUGUST'S P.O.V.

I dropped my phone in my lap and sighed, looking in a different direction.

"Wassup wit' you bro?" Sneak asked, putting his blunt down in the ashtray.

I took a deep breath before replying.

"It's that bitch Selena man. She tryna get all up in Zariah's head. I just know she telling her bullshit and false information."

"Man, don't worry about that bitch. Zariah smart, she know better than to go around trusting random hoes." He said, making me nod.

"I know she's smart but if Selena is anything like her sister Valentina, than mmhmm." I said, shaking my head.

"She better not be or else we'll come after her ass next." He said, laughing a little.

I laughed along with him before standing up.

"Where you goin bruh?" Sneak asked me as I stood up.

"Man, I need to head home." I said, picking up my keys.

"Oh alright bro." He said, giving me a dap. "I'll catch you later."

"Alright bet." I said, before walking out of the room and out the door.

********

"Z?" I asked, walking into her house. I closed the door behind me and kept walking until I reached the kitchen.

She was bent down, putting some items into the bottom cabinet.

I tried not to look at her ass but failed miserably. I looked down at the ground and cleared my throat.

She spun around and held her chest. "Oh hey August. You scared me for a second."

I chuckled a little. "Oh my bad. I just wanted to drop by cause a nigga ain't have anything to do. I have a free schedule so I thought, why not drop by my babymomma's house and see how she doin?" I said, causing her to laugh.

"You're so annoying you know that?" She laughed, walking past me.

She walked to a cabinet and opened it, trying to reach the content that was in there.

I reached over her and grabbed the item. "But you love my annoying ass." I smirked.

"Ugh whatever." She smiled, showing me her pearly white teeth.

"But anyways, you said you met a girl name Selena at the store right?" I asked, sitting down at her island.

"Yeah...what about her??" She asked, grabbing bowls from the cabinets.

"Nothin really...I just knew her older sister back in high school."

"Oh really???" She asked and I nodded. "What a small world."

"What a small world indeed." I mumbled.

*******************

SELENA'S P.O.V.

"Thank you." I gave the girl at the cash register a fake smile before grabbing my frappé. I turned around and started walking towards the door when someone bumped into me, causing my drink to fall.

"Great." I mumbled.

"Oh damn. I'm sorry." The guy said, looking down at my frappé. "I can buy you another one, if you'd like."

"No no it's fine. I got it." I said, and he looked up at me.

I looked back at his deep brown eyes, and admired his perfectly chiseled jaw. His hair was pulled into a man bun, which made me bite my lip a little.

"No, I insist." He said. "It is my fault you dropped your drink so the least I could do is buy you another one."

I sighed a little and finally gave in.

"Alright fine...." I said.

"Good." He said. "And what is your name??"

"I'm Selena." I said, extending a hand. "And what's yours??"

"I'm Sean." He smirked, shaking my hand. I gave him a small smile.

"Well nice to meet you, Sean."

**************

ZARIAH'S P.O.V.

"Food is ready!" I called out, hearing Samira and August's footsteps running down the stairs.

"Whoa whoa...slow down princess." I said, catching her before she fell.

"Sorry mommy, I'm just really hungry!" She giggled, standing on her tippy toes so she could see what was on the table.

"Yeah mommy, I'm really hungry too." August smirked at me, causing me to playfully roll my eyes before grabbing plates.

I grabbed Samira's plate and started putting some mixed rice on her plate.

"Is this enough?" I asked, showing her the plate.

"No! Put a little more." She said, jumping up and down.

I added some more rice onto her plate before putting the spoon down. I went into the oven and put a piece of chicken into her plate.

"Alright baby, here." I said, slowly handing her the plate. "Be careful okay?? And don't forget to say grace!"

She nodded before slowly walking into the living room. I sighed and grabbed her cup before filling it with juice.

"So you not gonna serve me???" August asked, licking his lips.

"No nigga, serve yourself." I said, and walked to Samira.

I sat her cup down infront of her before walking back into the kitchen. I grabbed another plate for myself before putting some rice on it and grabbing a piece of chicken.
I sat down at the island and said my grace and started eating.

"Damn I'm hurt." He said, grabbing a plate.

"Whateva." I mumbled, rolling my eyes playfully.

"But anyways, I wanted to talk to you about something." He said, rubbing his hands together.

"What?" I asked, putting my fork down and wiping my mouth.

"So I'm going on tour in a few months and I just wanted to give you a heads up." He said. "But before I go on tour, I wanna go on a trip."

"A trip?" I asked, making a face. "What kind of trip??"

"Like a small vacation ya know? Just me, you, and Samira." He said. "Just so we could get some time to ourselves and enjoy my presence before I go on tour."

I nodded slowly.

"Okay, I'll think about it." I said, grabbing my fork.

He smiled before replying.

"Good."

***********

Zariah in the multimedia.