Chapter 56

~Jane POV~

James still isn't back, and it's been a few days. The more he isn't with me, the more I feel an absence. I just feel alone, even though everyone and everything is around me. Even my mom flew in to help find him. We still have yet to find any evidence of him being alive, and their saying I should return to America. But I just can't leave the country until I know my boy is ok.

Two weeks pass by, and I decide I am going to go back home. I stay at my mum's since I can't stand to see my old apartment, with James' clothes and belongings. It hurts so much, so I sit in my old room and just sit and think. My mom came in the room, looking angry.

"You are not to see Harry." My mum ordered. I sat up in my bed and looked at her with shock.

"I found him at the pub down the street as drunk as ever." She slurred. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mum, what were you doing at the pub?" I asked. My mum became an alcohol when her and my dad divorced.

"You arn't suppose to be around alcohol-" I said but my mum cut me off.

"But I was ok!?!" She yelled, then she became to weep and plopped down on my bed, barely being able to sit up. She rocked back and forth and shook her head.

"With James and- and a possible funeral. I-" My mum said but I cut her off.\

"Funeral? How could we have a funeral? James is not dead!" I yelled.

"Face it Jane! It's been weeks and there's no sign of James and Niall's mum! He's gone!" She yelled. I covered my face and cried. My mum just glared at me, then she began to speak again.

"Any- anyway. You can't see Harry. He got in a bar fight and he looked injured." My mum said.

"What!?!" I asked- worried.

"He was really beat up, they could have killed him." My mum said. "Whoops! There goes another person in our life."

My mum began to obsessively laugh. Then she laid on her side and laughed harder. The doorbell rang and she stood up and wobbled waving her finger around.

"I'll get it." She mumbled. She drunkily stepped downstairs and opened the door.

"We don't want you here." I heard her say. "Go away!"

I heard the slam of the door, and then I heard her sit on the couch. I laid in my bed and clenched the sheets, and I cried. Then I heard a knock on my window. I looked and it was drunk Harry on the part of the roof under my window. I screamed then quickly covered my mouth. He was bruised all over his face. I ran to him and opened the window.

"What are you doing here? Was that you downstairs? How'd you get up here?" I quickly asked.

"I need to see you, I... that... yeah, it was me. What did you ask again?" He asked.

"Harry, did you climb up that tree?" I asked.

"No... uh..." He said then turned around and clumsily closed the window. "Oh yeah... yeah..."

"Harry that was dangerous, especially when your in this condition." I said going towards him and grabbing his hand. I lead him to sit on my bed. I stood in front of him and witnessed his drunkenness.

"Babe." He mumbled grabbing me by the waist and pulling me closer. He nuzzled his face in my stomach as I rub his hair and look down at him.

"I... I need you. I never told you that." Harry said.

"Harry..." I whined and rubbed his hair.

"No, I just really love you, and everyone does. And James does. James- James will come back. I'm going to find him for you! For you Jane!" He began to yell, and I lifted his chin and covered his mouth. He had tears in his eyes.

"Harry, you can't yell. Suppose my mum finds you?" I ask.

"What is this High School?" Harry loudly slurred.

"Harry..." I complained and he pulled me close again and dropped me onto the bed. He lay next to me with his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Your hair smells so good." He said into my ear, and I could hear him sniffing my hair. His eyes were closed. I looked at him, and he opened his eyes, but he barely could.

"I'm... I'm going to sleep." He said.

"You can't sleep here." I said getting up. Harry was already sleeping. I got nervous and began to panic. I took one of the pillows off of my bed and the blanket I keep at the end of my bed. I threw them on the floor then helped Harry stand up.

"Babe..." He smirked, I could smell his alcoholic breath. I nodded and eased him down onto the blanket and the pillow, ripped the blanket from under him and snuggled it on top of him. I rubbed my forehead and exhaled. Then I began to walk to my bed.

"Wait-" He said. I turned to him.

"Lay here." He cried. "I want you to lay here."

I hesitated, then I went out in the hall and peaked at my mum snoring on the living room couch. I looked at Harry who glared at me, sloppily motioning me to come. I walked to him and went under the blanket and snuggled my head into his chest. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you..." He said and closed his eyes. I stared at him, and was thinking whether to answer or not.

"I love you too." I whispered. But then Harry just snored. I put my head on his chest and played with his Star Of David and Crucifix necklace. And I smiled slightly, then I closed my eyes too.