"Don't believe me, babe. Because I was just pranking you. It was a dare." He says, backing away from me, as Tyler and his other friends join him and they all begin to laugh hysterically. Everyone around me begins to laugh at me, when my eyes travel behind Tyler's body to see Amber and her friends laughing as well, but Zayn is no where to be seen with them anymore. I feel my eyes getting wattery.

"Do you seriously think I would love an orphan like you?" Matt asks between his laugh, as he clutches on to his stomach while lying on the ground in hysterics with Tyler and the others.

Tears begin to stream down my face as soon as I hear those words come out of his mouth. I know I'm an orphan, but that doesn't mean they have to rub it in my face all the time. What did I ever do to these people? Why are they always cruel to me?

Soon Chloe walks over to me, placing her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Aww, Cinderella got hurt?" She asks in a mocking tone before she pushes my shoulder and I fall into the swimming pool.

I move my hands and legs in the deep water, trying to get out from the pool but due to I, having no clue how to swim, I fail. I rise up my head from the water to take a deep breathe, failing, to only drown inside.

Amber and Tyler know I don't know swimming, but they are still not helping me. I close my eyes, feeling my head pound, in a matter of time it will expload. I inhale when the water rushes inside my body, and I feel my eyes being rolled at the back of my head when suddenly I feel being pulled out of the pool. But in the matter of time, my eyes close and I lose track of everything happening around me.

▪▪▪▪

"Maire, are you okay?" I hear a faint familiar voice, as I try to focus on the voice and bring out what's happening around me. I open my eyes, clutching on to my head and gulp a huge lump in my throat, feeling my throat burn with a weird sensation. My eyes land on the person sitting next to my bed, with a worried look on his face.

"Thank God, you're up." He let's out a huge sigh, taking his head in his hands.

"What are you doing here, Zayn?" I ask him, and he lifts up his head from his hands to look at me. His hazel eyes lock with mine, his face showing full concern as he slowly shakes his heads.

"You were drowning and I..I, uh got you out." He informs me and I gulp, feeling my throat dry.

"Why?" I ask him softly. I feel my eyes getting wattery at the thoughts of what happened tonight.

"Huh?" He looks at me in confusion.

"Why did you save me?" I ask him, blinking away the tears in my eyes and not letting them fall.

"Because-"

"Maire, how are you?" Amber rushes into my room cutting off Zayn's sentence in the middle, with a look of concern on her face.

I'm getting confused now. First Zayn saves me, and now Amber is showing concern for me. If you ask me, it's something weird for me because no one cares about me.

"I'm uh, fine." I say, looking at her in confusion. She lets out a sigh before bending in front of my bed, and taking my hand in hers.

"You know you scared us? I was so worried for you, honey." She says, sweetly, making me change glances between her and Zayn.

Something is wrong with her. Either it's her clone or she's high.

"Uh..." I trail off, not sure of what to say, when one of her hand reaches my head to stroke my hair.

I'm telling you this lady is drunk or high.

"I'll get going now, um, take care." Zayn says to me before getting up from beside me and Amber straightens herself up, facing Zayn with a smile on her face.

"I'll take care of her, after all she's my sister." Amber says, tilting her head to smile at me.

I'm telling you-okay, never mind.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school, Zayn," Amber steps forward to wrap her arms around Zayn's neck, as she pecks his cheek and I look at both of them, raising my eye brow.

"Yeah," Zayn says, before glancing at me and then leaving my room. Amber waves at him, and turns around to face me when she hears the door of my room being shut.

"You created such a drama in our birthday, you bitch!" Amber snaps at me, pulling back her stern look towards me. She's back to being herself.

"I'm sorry for that..." I trail off. She clenches her jaw and rolls her eyes at me, before stepping closer to my bed and bending down to face me.

"Listen, whore, stay away from Zayn. Because if you think that Zayn will fall for you, then you're wrong because only him and I are going to be a thing. So better not try to think that you have a chance with him, and if I see you near him, I will make it hard for you to breathe. Do you get that?" She sternly whispers in my face and I gulp, nodding my head.

I never even thought of Zayn in that way. He's a guy with loads of tattoos and bad boy attitude. But tonight, he seemed different towards me. He didn't create a fuss when I bumped into him and spoiled his shirt, also he saved me from drowning.

"Oh, and please don't think that I like you. That was only an act in front of Zayn as I want to attract him." She says, letting out a chuckle before standing straight and walking out of my room.

I sigh before getting up from my bed and walking into the shower. After taking a quick shower I change into my comfortable clothes, and dry my long light brown hair, before getting in my bed and slipping under my blanket.

Did I even thank him for saving me tonight?

~*~

A.n:

Hope you liked it. (Unedited)

Can I get your votes and comments please?

Thank you nefelibata-xx for the image above. (:

Ship name?

Stay blessed and safe. Keep smiling cause it looks best on you. :)

Love y'all and Zayn a lot.

Thanks xx