Chapter 25.

We sit on the floor of the bridge with our backs resting against it's wall, quietly, staring in the middle of nowhere. Even if there is silence between us, I just wanted him to be next to me, and he is. Right next to me. His hand finds mine, as he locks our fingers together, placing them on his lap. How much I missed his touch. How much I missed having the feeling of being protected in his warmth.

"Don't leave me again," I whisper, tilting my head sideways to look over at him. He gives out a loud sigh, resting his head against the wall and turning it around to look at me directly in my eyes.

"I told you before, I'm not good for you." He mutters, closing his eyes. I take a deep breathe, shifting closer to him as I place a kiss on his forehead, making him open his eyes.

"You're best for me," I softly say, and rest my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes as I quietly listen to the chirping of the birds.

"You don't know me," he says, resting his head on top of mine before I feel light kisses on it.

"I want to," I say, playing with his fingers as I look up and place a quick kiss on his jawline, again closing my eyes and sinking in the moment.

"My mother remarried when I was twelve and my sister was ten. She left us with our dad, who uh..started drinking and got depressed." He starts after ten minutes of silence between us and I pull away from him, turning my whole body to face him as I nod for him to continue.

"He was..uh drunk driving one day, my sister and I were with him in the car when we got into an accident. He..he died that night." I notice the change in his voice as it begins to tremble and he stops, looking away from me. I squeez his hand to assure him, I am right here with him.

"My mother took us to live with her second husband and his son, Harrison.." he looks up at me and I knitt my eyebrows together, listening to him. "Charlie, Harrison's father, used to beat me up and my sister. My mother didn't take any action for two years. For two years, my sister and I had to go through the torture of being physically and mentally abused by Charlie and Harrison." I notice the tears brimming in his eyes which cause my own's to tear up and I once again squeez his hand, bringing it closer to my lips as I place a soft kiss on it.

"My baby sister got fed up with everything and one day...one day she just.." he stops as a tear slips from his eye and he takes a deep breathe to continue. "She took her life..leaving me all alone." A sob escapes from his mouth, making me quickly lean forward and wrap my arms around him.

I stroke his hair, holding him close to me as he silently cries in my arms. Seeing his tears and hearing his sobs is breaking my heart. His life was so messed up that it made me forgot about mine. My problems and life are nothing compared to what he has gone through. I can't even imagine him going through all that pain, losing his whole family so terribly. His pain is something, I can feel since at some point I relate to it.

"I'm here with you," I whisper in his ear, kissing his temple as I let some of my tears fall too. I pull away from him and clamp his face in my hands as I stare in his wattery eyes.

"I'm always here, Zayn. I promise." I say before pressing my lips against his. With this kiss I want to show him what he means to me. If words can't explain it, I hope my actions do. I can feel the sudden electrifying feeling all over my body as he kisses me back.

We pull back after a while and I rest my forehead against his. "I love you," this is the second time I'm hearing these words from him, but trust me, I still can't get over the feeling these words bring me just like they did when I heard them for the first time. Before I can even respond back to him, he pulls away from me.

"Get up," he says, wiping away his tears. I look at him in confusion with a frown taking it's place on my face. He doesn't even let me ask before he starts pushing me to get up from the floor. However, I get up and stand in front of him where as he stays on the floor before he shifts his weight on one of his knees and grabs my hand, making me widen my eyes.

"Zayn, what are you doing?" I almost yell, feeling my heart beat racing as my chest starts rising and falling in a fast speed. Please don't give me heart attack.

"Be mine, Maire Iris Stephen?"

My eyes are completely wide open and jaw dropped as I stare at Zayn in front of me who now smiles at me. I blink many times staring at him as he looks up at me, biting his lip and raising his eyebrow.

"Uh, you can say no too, it's fine-"

"No, no, no!" I stop him in mid sentence, causing his eyes to widen.

"I mean yes, yes!" I quickly correct myself. God I'm panicking so much. I quickly bite my lips hard stopping myself from saying anything else, as I watch his expressions relaxing and he gets up from the floor.

Is this even real?

He lets out a nervous laugh before giving my lips a sweet quick kiss as we both stare at the sun rising, with it's light falling on the lake below, making it sparkle.

I tighten my grip on our locked hands with a smile on my face as both of us welcome the day, right next to each other, with a new beginning, together.

~*~

Acoustic version of I dont wanna live forever is so beautiful.

Please leave your votes and comments to keep me motivated in updating. :)

Keep smiling cause it looks best on you. Love y'all and Zayn Javadd Malik a lot. ❤