Chapter 16.

Finally. I don't know whether to be happy or sad for finally returning back to home. The whole ride from the hospital to the house was so awkward; with Aunt Georgia being so nice and sweet with me. Most of the times I found myself choking on air when she addressed me as "sweetie or honey" or even kissed my cheek. Trust me no one chokes on air but I did because I was beyond shocked to see the person who beats me up, kiss me and instead of calling me mean names, addressing me with sweet pet names. I don't know if she's changing or something is fishy. Her behaviour was so phony. Never in my seventeen and a half years did she give me a genuine smile. Even when my parents were alive and she visited us, she used to get annoyed with everything I did and occasionally glared at me to make me stay away from her even though I was just a kid.

My thoughts get interrupted as soon as I feel my phone vibrate on my stomach. Turning on the screen, I roll my eyes playfully when the number pops up on my screen. Zayn. As soon as I got into the car with my aunt, Zayn, the weirdo, has been sending me text messages to check up on me. Even though I reached home safely, his texts didn't stop. He has been continuously asking me about Amber's behaviour towards me. I don't know whether to find this cute or annoying. But whatever I think about it, it doesn't stop from forming a smile on my lips whenever I feel my phone vibrate due to his his texts.

Weirdo: You alright?

Me: The same answer to the same question you have asked me for the 20th time today; YES. I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry.

Weirdo: If anyone does anything just text me or call me or do anything to inform okay?

Me: Can I say something?

Weirdo: Yeah? Is everything okay?

A chuckle escapes from my lips as I shake my head to myself reading his texts.

Me: what I want to say is......ZAYN STOP WORRYING I'M PERFECTLY FINE GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

Weirdo: okay okay chill. I'm just worried.

Me: I know you are. But nothing bad will happen, but if anything is wrong, I'll call you or something okay?

Weirdo: Promise?

Me: Promise.

Me: Now go do your homework.

Weirdo: As if I do "homework" L-O-L babe.

Me: SAY "Hi" to the detention tomorrow then "babe".

Weirdo: As long as you are going to join me eh "babe"? ;)

Me: Keep on dreaming "babe". Bye now weirdo.

After getting a bye text from him, I place my phone under the pillow and decide to close my eyes for a while but stop when I notice Aunt Georgia standing at the doorway with her arms crossed on her chest. I have no idea for how long she has been standing here.

"Uhm, do you need something?" I awkwardly ask, sitting up on my bed and notice her eyebrow arched up as she walks over to my bed, her hand reaching for my phone under the pillow. I watch her actions quietly, as she opens my phone (yeah, well thanks to me for not having a password on my phone in THIS house).

"What are you doing?" I ask her cautiously, as she continues to scroll through something on my phone. Squinting my eyes, I get up from my bed to take away my phone from her but she beats me to it, tossing my phone on the bed.

"I assume it was Zayn. Wasn't it?" She asks with a blank look on her face. I can't quite tell if she's pissed off or unbothered. Her expressions show nothing but her tone sounded a bit harsh. I nod my head slightly.