Chapter 36:

A/N: I own Emily Winston/Cade and Jemily. Arizona is property of Moniquian Rose and S.E Hinton owns the rest.

BACK TO EMILY POV, THE DAY OF THE RUMBLE

I woke up bright and early this morning to check on Arizona and make sure I was ready for the rumble caused by my older brother Dallas for killing Randy. I got dressed in a white shirt,jeans,leather jacket and converse before heading over to Arizonas like I promised. I went downstairs and grabbed a can of coke before looking in the living room at a racked out Dallas on the couch. He must have been tired for looking after Cherry now that she's out of the hospital . I felt bad for him with Cherry being in the hospital. He seemed like a nervous wreck and super different,too. I held my can of Coke as I walked down the street to Arizonas. I knocked on her door and I heard her yell, " Is that you Emily?" " Yes it's me I promise!" I yelled through the front door of her house. She opened the front door and looked at me before letting me on. " Hey Ari, so you wanted to talk to me?" I said making myself at home on her couch. She stared at me and nodded. " Well you know how I told you I was making Ponyboy jealous by having Hamilton all over me but he seems jealous. He asked me yesterday about it and we both yelled at each other,again. He seemed upset also yesterday after school before he left with Two." Arizona said sipping a can of , her favorite. " I see,Ari so what's the problem?" I asked my best friend. " I know Pony and I aren't dating but he seemed upset and I still care if he's upset no matter what." Arizona said looking at me,still. " I know it's tough but couples only fight because they care. Johnny and I have fought a lot while we have been together but we always make up. Sometimes it just takes longer." I said sighing and Arizona nodded. " So are you ready for the rumble?" Arizona asked me changing the subject. " As ready as I can be, Ari. It'll be alright and I got your back in the rumble." I said smirking. "Thanks Emily. You're a good friend." Answered Arizona sweetly. I looked at a worried Arizona and hugged her. She looked at me and said, " I'll be back I gotta get ready." I nodded and let Arizona go upstairs. I waited sitting on the couch and Arizona came back ready to go." What do you want to do until the rumble?" I asked Arizona. We decided to go to the drive in.