Chapter 26:

A/N: I don't own the outsiders or the characters except Emily Winston(Cade) and Kayla Matthews. S.E Hinton owns them. Arizona is property of Moniquian rose.

Chapter 26:

DALLAS POV, it goes back a little bit, this is one of the only few chapters not told by Emily

"Cherry do you want to dance?" I asked the beautiful redhead broad. "Sure why not?" Said Cherry standing up from the chair. "Wait what did you say?" I asked Cherry confused. " I said sure..." Replied Cherry looking at me,weirdly. She seemed different tonight than before. She wasn't screaming in my face like I excepted. "Thanks for agreeing Cherry but why did you agree instead of telling me to get lost?" I asked her,smirking. "Well since I don't have a boyfriend and I can't get you out of my mind." Replied Cherry her tone changing. She put her hands on me and we slow danced like my sister and Johnny, pony and Arizona and Steve and evie were doing. We were dancing to the music Soda and Steve had set up. Her and I were actually dancing. It even surprised me. I got a wink from my sister Emily as she saw us dancing. No one was doing much but I felt like all eyes were on us. "Dallas what's wrong?" Cherry asked realizing I was nervous but happy. " Nothing I'm just nervous." I replied barely realizing what I said. "Really the Dallas Winston is scared?" Said cherry mockingly. I smirked at her and she laughed. She seemed like she was genuinely enjoying us two dancing. The slow dancing music ended and we stopped. I almost tried to pull away but Cherry said, " No don't go anywhere Dallas." I didn't move but I separated from end and started dancing with her,differently because the music was different two of us danced until 2:00. I pulled Cherry away from everyone at the wedding and pulled her out to the Curtis' porch. We both sat side by side in the porch swing. I was starting to feel like a softie. "Can I do this?" I asked Cherry reaching for her hand and she nodded. She accepted my hand. Woah I thought.I had my hand in hers and I felt something in my chest. I didn't know the feeling well but it was how I felt about Johnny and Emily. "Cherry do you want to go on a real date?" I asked her taking a leap of faith. "Really Dallas I would honestly love that." Replied Cherry and I looked at her. I saw her different from the other socs. She wasn't bad and she didn't make me want to punch her like with other socs. I just saw a pretty girl who I had feelings for. Cherry looked at me seriously and said,"Dallas we haven't really got along well ever not just because you're a greaser and I'm a soc. I never thought of you as anything until the last few days and what I have seen tonight confirms it. You're not what you seem,Dallas Winston,not at all." I looked at her and said, " Well I don't know about that. I'm still the same Dallas Winston as before but I've gotten softer lately with you, and the wedding and more." I was very honest with cherry because I felt like I could. Cherry and I were still holding hands when Keith, I mean Two Bit walked out to the porch with a beer in his hand. "Dallas what are you doing?" Said Two rather loudly. "Leave us alone,Keith and shut your trap. Go drink inside!" I said to Two Bit who gave me a look before walking inside. Cherry laughed at what I told Two Bit and I looked at her again. "Are you free tomorrow?" I asked her. "Well I'm hanging out with Marcia tomorrow but I can see you around 6ish." Replied Cherry instantly. I nodded and the two of us stood up to go inside. The two of us dropped hands and went inside to the house. We went our separate ways,next. I went over to Emily and she went to Marcia her best friend. "Hey how are you? I have a date with Cherry tommorow." I told my newly wed sister. She smiled at me and said, "Good job,Dal. I hope you have fun with her. Maybe you two will fall in love like Johnny and I." I looked at her and said, "Sure" before walking away to grab a beer.