"Only people we don't like," Beau interrupted, eyes wide with sincerity. 

They looked at me as though I was a ticking time bomb, waiting for me to glare at them with disappointment or anger. Instead, to mine and their surprise, I did the complete opposite. "I can't believe you guys. You TP'd people's houses and didn't invite me?" I tutted animatedly. "Damn Daniel, I thought you were better friends than that." 

"You sure about this April? Are you sure it won't ruin your pristine reputation?" Beau teased, still reeling in shock at my complacence.

I scowled at him. "I don't have a reputation – I'm April Evans." I replied coolly, eyeing the amount of bags on the floor. "How many houses are you planning to hit?" 

Daniel shrugged. "I don't know – we have a lot of enemies out there." 

"April, what bought on this sudden inner rebel of yours?" Beau asked, the ghost of a smile tracing his lips. I took a deep breath, hesitating. Why was I agreeing to go along with this dumb plan? Maybe it was because I had never done anything relatively exciting in my life for a long time – especially on a school night. Maybe I was just insanely bored - and avoiding my math homework. 

But all I replied with was a simple: "For the heck of it." 

2 hours later

I giggled in delight, my pulse quickening as we approached the next house, adrenaline being pumped into my bloodstream two-fold, igniting every fiber in my body, heightening my senses. This was Casey Bryler – a school bully who tormented a boy to such an extent, he had to leave school, and me, Beau and Daniel were going to teach him a lesson. With tissue rolls. 

"You ready?" Beau yelled over the wind. 

I nodded firmly in response, swallowing my excitement to assess the scene carefully. The rooms in the 3 storey house were dark, the only light illuminated the one in the porch, although it flickered every now and then. No cars were in the driveway - hopefully that meant no-one at all was home. I nodded at Daniel, signalling that the coast was clear. Then, I clutched the door handle, ready to jump out. He thrust several rolls of tissue roll into my hand and I accepted with trembling fingers. 

I'm pretty sure we're breaking the law here. But I still feel like Robin Hood, because I'm technically teaching the bullies a lesson. Kind of. 

I swallowed my guilt as the car rolled to a stop. Daniel turned in his driver's seat and grinned at me. 

"Ready?" He whispered, switching off the headlights so the street was shrouded in darkness. I nodded nervously and fumbled for the door handle, swinging it open.

We crept behind a tree and Beau put his thumbs up, signalling that the coast was safe. We tip-toed around the thick tree trunk so the house was on plain view to us – I crunched upon frosted leaves, squeezing my eyes shut every time they crunched too loudly.  A dog barked somewhere near the back of the house and I jumped, pausing. But no further movement came. 

I smiled, confidence radiating over me over me and I winked at Daniel and Beau as we raised the toilet roll over our heads in unison. I drew my arm back, prepared to throw it when a sudden siren rang from behind us.

"Put your hands in the air." 

The toilet roll dropped from my hand. It didn't take a genius to realize that the flashing red and blue lights reflecting off the glass window's of the house belonged to the police department. 

"Now drop the toilet rolls and turn around kids."

Ah crap. 

                                                                                                      ******