Chapter Thirty

Eleanor

I was stronger; that was one thing I realized.

I've cried for my broken heart and mourned for my wounded soul so many times before that I grew tired of it. I still cry, everyone does, but not as much as I did before. I figured how to tame my emotions.

I also figured out that love, as wonderful it is, can also be very painful. Seeing Louis with another girl hurt much worse than any other pain I've experienced before.

But as I said: I've grown stronger.

I wasn't the same old girl who'd bawl her eyes out whenever the universe decided it was fun to make a joke out of her life.

That's why even though it hurt so bad, I was okay. Not alright, not good, but okay. I was hurting, but I wasn't curled up in a ball and moping around. The hurt was much more than I've had before but it only settled as a constant ache inside my chest because I've grown stronger. I was okay.

But I couldn't help but think that maybe Louis got tired of waiting? Afterall, what he knew was I was still figuring my feelings out. I cared for him; that's all he knew. Maybe he was tired of sticking around with someone who wasn't sure of how she felt about him? Although I already figured it out, I should've told him sooner. He told me he wasn't expecting me to love him back, but that didn't mean he wouldn't get tired of loving me.

Now that my head was clearer and I got to a lot of thinking, the more I regret not hearing him out that night. Maybe he did have an excuse and I was just too stubborn. Or maybe I just loved him too much I was making reasons for him to myself.

One thing I knew for sure; I wanted us to work out.

So as I slipped in my black dress and open-toed pumps, and as I pulled my brown jacket from my closet and let my brown waves down, as I prepared myself for Niall's party and went downstairs to meet Danielle outside the house to ride with her, a mantra of what I needed to was the only thing on my mind.

I'd let him explain his side, tell him how I feel, and just hope things fall into place.

I guess that's what love does. It makes you stronger and it makes you hopeful.

**

"Are you and Louis alright?" Danielle asked.

Oh, it was obvious we were in a bit of a bad situation, I guess.

"Peachy, but I hope we'll be okay after tonight," I answered.

She smirked, "Oh trust me you will."

I cocked an eyebrow at her, "How are you so sure?"

"I don't know, I mean with that outfit ... Damn, girl! Louis' gonna see clearly what he would lose if he doesn't get his sh*t together," she said giving me a quick glance before setting her eyes on the road once again with a grin on her face.

I blushed; well, that was one of the reason I dressed up well but no one needed to know that.

"Says you," I retorted and giving her a once over.

"Oh, I know I'm fabulous. That's why Liam's treating me right."

And we both laughed.

Before I knew it, we were pulling over the place and getting out of the car. My hands started to feel clammy and my heart was pounding against my chest; nervousness seemed to be my norm whenever I go to a party. However, I pushed those nerves aside and held Danielle's hand as we walked inside.