Chapter Eleven

Eleanor

I fluttered my eyes open and I was confused when white walls were the first thing I saw.

Since when did I paint my room white?

I blinked and looked down on my wrist that was wrapped in a bandage. I frowned when I noticed I could only barely move it and that's when I remembered the past events. I looked around the room expecting to see the person who rushed me here but I saw no one. But as if on cue, the door opened. It wasn't like I was expecting anyone, but if I would've, it wasn't the person who was standing at the door.

"Max?"

He ran quickly to my side and pulled me in an embrace (which I thought was impossible since I was lying down). I might not be expecting him here, but it wasn't like I didn't miss my bestfriend so I hugged back. Seeing him never failed to lift my spirit up.

"Bloody hell, Eleanor! You f*cking scared me to death! Look at you! You're pale as a bloody ghost!" he scolded, still not letting go.

"Well, nice to see you, too." I chuckled as I clapped his back with my unharmed arm. He pulled away and I could see worry in his eyes. "Stop it, Max. I'm fine."

"It's not nice seeing you like this. You're not fine, Eleanor. What were you thinking?" he sternly asked. I looked away and right away, he knew. He knew me very well. He groaned. "Oh, not that as*hole again."

I furrowed my brows, "Why? Did you expect me to be with someone else while you were away?"

"Yes!" he quickly answered.

"Max, you were only gone for three months," I noted.

"Exactly! That's about enough time to forget about a douche bag!" he answered almost frustratedly. "What did he do?"

I flushed then looked away again, ashamed of my stupid self. "Nothing."

"You cut yourself because he did nothing? El, that is a very logical thinking, please expect me to believe that."

I glared at him before sighing, "He's dating Taylor," I continued, "I know that's a stupid reason but I was hurt, okay? He told me many times that he doesn't date and I kept telling myself that that was the reason he kept rejecting me but then he suddenly announced he's dating Taylor,"

"You mean Taylor-"

"Yes, Taylor f*cking Swift. What a f*cking coincidence." I sarcastically stated. "He f*cking announced, Max. He was so proud and he was f*cking smiling at her like he was inlove. I should know, I was there. I saw it with my own eyes." I was no longer reasoning, I was ranting. Weakly fuming at that, since I still haven't had my strength back.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm not listening to her songs ever again," he told me. "Continue." he ordered.

I rolled my eyes cause I knew he couldn't actually stop listening to her songs. She was our favorite singer. Or used to be. Whatever. "He told me him and Taylor weren't my business and told me he doesn't love me straight to my face! And I don't know, that just hit home and I guess that was my breaking point, then I realized I should stop." I paused, growing more serious as my voice went more quiet, "But I was shattered, Max. And alone. No one was there for me. And I don't know what came over me, I just knew I wanted to be numb cause it hurts so bad."

I looked at him and he was looking at me with soft eyes before it hardened again, "That f*cking prick! I swear one day I'll punch him straight on the nose."

I sniffled before snorting, glad to find a way out of the topic, "Have you seen him lately? He's well built, Max and you're," I scanned him from head to toe, "You're ... almost the same as my body. You're no match."