Chapter Eighteen

Eleanor

"Wait, Max. Let me introduce you to--" I turned my head to where Louis was just to find out he wasn't there.

"What?" Max asked.

"Where did Louis go?" I asked, opening the door to see if he was outside. But he wasn't.

"The guy that was standing by the door when I arrived? That was Louis?" he asked.

"Yes. He said he has something to say that's why he came here." I furrowed my brows. Why did he leave?

"You mean Louis Tomlinson? The as*hole's bandmate who took you to a charity ball?" he asked.

"I mean Louis Tomlinson, my friend." I rolled my eyes playfully at him. "And don't call Harry that."

"Harry is an as*." he pointed out. "Why did Louis bring you to that ball again?"

"He doesn't have a date."

"And?" he cocked his eyebrow at me.

"And we're friends so he asked me instead?" I responded.

Then out of nowhere, he bursted out laughing.

"What?!" I asked, annoyed that I wasn't part of his inside joke.

"Nothing," he managed to spat out inbetween laughs then sighed and whispered, "Poor Louis, my girl is so dense."

"What? Why are you whispering?"

"Oh, no reason." he said with a sly smile.

"Whatever, Max." I rolled my eyes once more. "So are we ready for the night?" I grinned, excited to go out with my bestfriend and spend some quality time.

"Absolutely." he responded and held my hand as we walked out the door into the night, temporarily forgetting about Louis' arrival and departure which were both unannounced.

**

It was a fine day and I decided to go for a walk to Starbucks. It was the first time after like, forever and I believe I deserved to atleast satisfy my caffeine obsession after a long while.

I went inside and I smiled as the only thing that hit me was the beautiful smell of coffee. No painful memories and heartbreaking flashbacks.

I walked happily towards the counter and ordered the usual. It rolled off my tongue like I had been ordering it regularly and I bit my lip to suppress the smile because of the thought. It was silly, I know, but I was happy.

I sat on a booth by the window and not long after, a different version of my name was called and my frappe (which indeed, had my name which was spelled "Eleonor" written on it) was served but I just laughed it off. I was happy I could finally drink a coffee without a memory haunting me.

That was what I thought.

"Excuse me?" I said as politely as I could when a girl just sat rudely infront of me without even asking. She was familiar but I didn't think too much to it.

She looked up with a smug smile and responded, "There are no other booths. You don't mind, do you?"

I was taken aback at her attitude and I didn't want my day ruined so I shot back, "You sure didn't ask before you sat down. Maybe I do."

But the smile she was wearing didn't fall off her face, "Well deal with it, babe."

I was left gaping when she started enjoying her drink. She practically just sat on my booth without my permission and she was acting so cool about it. I was furious. "What if I don't want to just deal with it?"