Chapter Twenty Six

Eleanor

September came and it was dreadful with all the papers I needed to finalize and submit if I wanted to pass. Also, I had been burying my face in a lot of books and on my laptop screen as I study my arse off for final exams. F*ck, ending the term is bloody stressful.

It would've been less dreadful if Louis was calling or texting or video calling me but- ugh, I sound like a clingy girlfriend which, well, I wasn't. It was just that Louis' texts were reduced to twice a week and his calls were slim to none. Not that I have the right to complain, I was just saying he could distract me for some time from this thing with his awful jokes and sassy remarks. He seemed to be good at that. I bet he could make me smile though I'm in the middle of sobbing.

I was currently lying down in the middle of my bed surrounded by books and papers and my laptop when I heard my phone sounded, indicating a message received. I had to search for it for five minutes, digging through my stuffs that was scattered on my bed before I finally found it tucked within my Sociology book and I vaguely remembered using it as a bookmark. Oops.

I opened the message and I swear my face was going to split because of who it was from.

From: Loubear

Did you know that the phrase 'I love you' isn't actually english ?

To: Loubear

It isn't?

From: Loubear

Just a quick joke, it is. But I love you anyway x

This guy's going to be the death of me.

**

I was failing miserably at attempting to make myself lunch when my phone made a ding! sound again. I walked towards the counter where I had put it and tapped it to see who texted me. I had someone in mind and I wasn't disappointed when I it flashed his name.

From: Loubear

Have you received it yet?

To: Loubear

Received what?

From: Loubear

The nudes I sent you

My eyes widened. He sent me what?!

To: Loubear

What?! WHERE

From: Loubear

Eager, aren't we ? ;) haha just kidding babe. I guess it hasn't been delivered yet but it should be there any minute now x

I finished reading his text just in time when someone ringed the doorbell. I cocked an eyebrow at the door's direction, silently wondering if it was the delivery Louis was telling me. I walked towards it, anticipating what it was he wanted to give me. I opened the door and I squealed.

"Aunt Clara!"

"Eleanor, oh God!"

We were a mess of arms wrapped around each other and I think I shed a tear. Aunt Clara is my mum's cousin and was the last (and my favorite) relative who took me in to be my guardian. She was also the longest I'd been with; she took care of me when I was fourteen up until I turned legal and my parents gave me my own house and made me live in it. She was single and still didn't have a family of her own back then when she took me in so she treated me like her own daughter (sister even, she just turned 32). I loved Aunt Clara like my own mum, or maybe a tad bit more and it had been a while since the last I saw her so I missed her loads.