Chapter Twenty Three

Eleanor

My heart pounded against my chest as we approached the venue where the party would be held. The closer we got to the entrance, the the faster my anxiety was sky-rocketing. I was grateful there were no paps around and I could hold Louis' hand or I would've had ran away the second I got here.

Louis told me that the boys had invited me here. It was sort of a send-away party before they start the tour; for congratulations and for goodluck. Louis hadn't told me when the exact date of their tour would be yet, though.

But that wasn't the reason as to why my stomach felt sick and my heart was rapidly beating and why I was dreading the moment we'd be inside that club.

The last time I went to a party, I went home with a shattered heart. It'd also be the first time since I last saw Harry when I still couldn't look at him in the eyes and tell him I didn't love him anymore. They both seem to be so long ago when in fact, it all happened within five months. I knew this was what I needed - closure. But I couldn't just be oblivious to the fact that during those times, I ran away broken and I was used to getting hurt. I was dreading going in that entrance because this  would determine reality; if I go in there and met Harry eye to eye, it would finally settle whether I've already set my own heart free. If I had already moved on or I'd once again end up shattered. No, I wasn't dreading going in because I was scared I'd get hurt because of Harry, I was more afraid to find out that I still loved him.

Louis noticed my uneasiness so he gave my hand a little squeeze bringing me back to the present, "You alright?"

We stopped just as we were about to get in and we were now standing by the entrance, the beat of whatever music was playing inside was slightly heard.

I heaved one last determined sigh, took an apprehensive glance inside the club where the private party was being held then looked back at him, "Yeah. I am."

"Are you sure?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow.

I smiled sweetly at him.

His worried face faltered and he opened his mouth like he was about to speak but he closed it again almost like he was gasping for air. Then he tucked the hair that was curtaining almost half of my face behind my ear and smiles brightly like he was the freaking sun, his hand staying on the side of my neck below my ear. I felt my heart flutter as his eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips a few times then he spoke, his breath hitting my face, "Have I told you that you look so beautiful tonight?"

"No. No, you haven't." I answered, not pulling away from where our faces were inches away from each other.

"That's quite shocking because it's the only thing I can f*cking think of." he whispered due to our proximity, "You look so beautiful, El." he said then pulled away.

"You don't look too bad yourself."

He scoffed, "Ofcourse I don't, I'm hot." He said and just like that, he was back to being playful again. He smiled at me, taking my hand as we went inside.

And if my heart soared a tad bit more, it wasn't my fault.

**

"Happy late birthday, Eleanor." a guy told me as we passed by their group of four. Louis and I both snapped our heads towards them and I shot Louis a look that says how did he know?

He just grimaced like when one was caught doing something he shouldn't, "Ah Josh, mate. Lads." he nodded at the other three before turing to me. "Eleanor this is Josh, Jon, Dan, and Sandy. Our band." he gestured to each one and they all waved at me.

Too Muchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें