"Help me," I subconsciously whispered in unison with the figment of my imagination, her pain becoming mine as I realized a crude yet ironic fact: we weren't really all that different.

While the sun oppresses her, I oppress you. The gruff voice of depression breathed in my ear. There's only one difference between her story and yours, dear F/n. Whilst the sun had to extend its onerous flame to forcibly give the imaginary girl wounds and scars, I don't have to do as much. I don't have to try with you, do I?

I gripped my arms harshly, my phone falling onto the not-so-plush mattress that sank and creaked underneath the weight of my ass. My teeth gritted, my eyes squeezing shut to block out the cacophony of sounds swirling around in the hell-hole known as my brain. Unfortunately, I couldn't silence my mind without the putrid taste of liquid guilt slipping down my lips and burning in the back of my throat; substances that were currently unavailable to me.

I'll just leave the harm to you and Liz.

As if the inimical words were as melodious as a snake charmer's flute to a cobra, I did as told; I rose from the basket. I wrenched frantically at my h/c locks in anger, a frustrated frown tugging at my lips. The pain made the dark sounds begin to ease, yet the weak tugs at my hair were certainly not enough to calm down the raging storm brewing in my mind.

I shook my head frantically; I wouldn't fall any further.

Hey, I'm awake now, sorry for worrying you. Do you want to go out somewhere?

I lay in wait for a while, either fiddling with random games on my phone or awkwardly reading a shitty fanfiction with rare updates from the author. Eventually, my phone buzzed, it lighting up with a brief text in reply from Nathan.

Yeah.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. 'What a time to be alive, the people of this generation are so anti-social that we resort to reading fanfic in order to understand love whilst our conversations are run on one-word answers. Absolutely fucking fantastic.'

I sat around awkwardly for another short period of time, Nathan's delayed text with our meet-up location finally popping up onto my screen.

Deathbucks in 10, k?

Yeah, alright. If it's anything like your ability to text then we're going to have some issues lmao.

After finishing my reply, I sat up from the uncomfortable infirmary bed, pulling on my shoes and grabbing the set of spare clothes that Soul had obviously left for me whilst I was locked in my three-day slumber. I changed quickly then looked at myself in the mirror, a horrid gasp leaving my lips.

My shoulders slumped from the dull mood that encased my body, my eye bags definitely finer than Gucci. Fine as in it looks like someone gave me two black eyes. As if that wasn't enough, my face was horrendously pale and greasy, my breath reeked, and I smelled like I rolled around in what I am: trash.

A small knock on the door spiked my anxiety levels, yet another wave of worry crashing down onto the shore of F/n beach. Luckily, it was merely Naigus coming in with a small blue bag in hand, her setting it delicately into my palms.

"Here," She uttered softly, "Soul left some makeup and toiletries for you in this bag. I'd imagine you'd want to clean yourself up?" I nodded frantically, clutching the bag like it was my lord and savior.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I cheered, hugging her quickly before running off to the nearest girls bathroom. I rushed into the shower stall before anyone could catch sight of me, shifting the water temperature to scalding hot so I could wash away my worries.