16

"No way!" the words came barreling out of my mouth, my body trembling in fear. "You can't make me!"

"Oh, but I can," Soul's devilish smirk grew, a dark aura encasing his body as he pulled out his smartphone. After tapping a few buttons and raising the phone to his ear, a few rings sounded before a male voice picked up on the other end.

"Hello?" the voice was muffled and quiet, yet I could still hear the murmur of Satan himself through the phone's speaker. As if by the will of fate, a cool breeze ran its icy fingers down my spine, my body quivering while remaining glued to the ground beneath me.

"Hey, Kid, it's me. I was wondering if that party was still on?" Whatever froze me in place earlier released its frigid grip on me, my body springing towards Soul in an attempt to take away his phone. Despite being a weapon he was quite agile, continuously dodging my attempts while proceeding on with his conversation.

"That's great! My temporary partner and I are gonna be there. Hmm? Oh no, you should keep your temporary partner with you for the party as well," Soul said, a mischievous chuckle escaping his lips. "After all, she's technically part of Spartoi too... for now at least. Besides, I think my temporary partner will need her to be there so she doesn't have a heart attack and die." Though I missed some of their conversation, I could hear Kid's deep voice clearly for his closing words.

"Oh, and who's your partner?-," I used my ninja-like reflexes to end the call, making sure that Soul wouldn't have the chance to tell Kid that it was me. 

"Oi, don't you want me to brag about you to him?" Soul asked with a roll of his eyes, a scoff rising to my throat as I dragged him indoors. Opening the sliding glass door at the back of the house, I was met with the living room couch along with comfort and joy. Snuggling into one of the pillows and grabbing the remote, I turned on the TV and clicked the source button, changing the setting from TV to my Switch. "Hell yes!"

Soul plopped down next to me and put an arm around my shoulder, a smile adorning his face as I chose the game 'Super Smash Bros Ultimate'. I gave him a look from the corner of my eye for touching me, yet he simply brushed it off and took one of my extra controllers.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I only consider you a little sister, I don't find you attractive at all."

"Ironic, and you're dating my twin sister."

"S-shut up..."

"Nice job, smart guy. Let's hope you can play better than you can talk." Moving his arm off my shoulder and using it for gameplay, we both knew shit got real.

"It's on!"