37

//Notice: The comment that makes me laugh the most within 36 hours of this being posted gets this chapter dedicated to them :P That in mind, happy reading!

Btw: I added the song Fools by Troye Sivan for dramatic effect. If you want to listen, the video is above. I hope you like it :3

~

That subtle breeze that I had longed for had finally found me, it brushing my skin gingerly as strands of my h/l h/c hair danced into my crystal e/c eyes. A large hand brushing away the strands had broken me of my vapid trance, it tucking the hair behind my ear with a smile forming on the owner's face. The small act created a bit of intimacy between the two of us, a rosy blush spreading across my cheeks from the action.

The fulgent green grass below us was perfectly trimmed--despite encompassing a place as grungy as the skatepark--the early morning dew that dripped from it glittering like gems as it sank into our clothes. My fingers tangled into it as the boy next to me awkwardly picked at it, ripping it from the ground to ease his nerves.

We looked like a quintessential couple from any romance flick, our bodies close despite our bond being so distant; some of the bruises and scars of our past still forlornly tainting our skin, a too salient memory for us to just up and forget.

Despite our plastic, picture-perfect closeness as well as the awkwardness filling what little space was left in between us; the clouds had drawn my focus. The white, puffy cotton balls that resembled nothing and everything at the same time, filling an infinite sea of dull, hypnotic blue.

It was entrancing to the point of me falling numb to the touch of the world. My senses worked lethargically, not picking up on the subtle shift from the cold touch of morning dew to the lively one of another.

Nathan's fingers were now tangled with mine, his head lowering onto my shoulder delicately. His golden tresses meshed with my h/c ones, his forest green eyes studying my face as if this would be his last chance at seeing it.

It made me feel like we were an old married couple, taking our last long looks at each other before we both passed on and faded into whatever realm that would accept our despondent souls. A small smile brushed my face at the thought of growing old with someone, vague images of a handsome man standing at my side until the day we both faded into nothingness.

It irked me that the figure matched a certain reaper's, but I brushed off the thought. I let my speculations roam free like the clouds above, fleeing away from whatever harsh vanguard opposed them.

"F/n...," A small voice whispered, a gasp of warmth brushing my ear. I broke my gaze from the halcyon never-ending sky, my face brought merely inches away from the blonde-haired boy's next to me.

A wave of regret washed over me as I realized what was to come, suddenly wishing that I had never agreed to come to this silent hill with Nathan, no matter its beauty. His plump, pink lips parted, my eyes resting on them despite knowing the risk of what my inconspicuous gaze could hint at.

But that's what life is, right? A game of risk.

Sitting here next to Nathan was a risk in itself, knowing that Kid could find me and a lethal bitch fight could ensue.

Despite the small risk I had taken, Nathan was combating a bigger one. He was taking the risk of putting his heart on the line, the subtle gravitation inward only noticeable by someone sitting as close to him as me.

In that second, I had realized the levity of the situation.

A kiss was what he wanted, a kiss in which I was reluctant to give. More so, a kiss I didn't want to give.