36

//qUaLiTy CoNtEnT as always. Sorry for a late update, I wasn't feeling it yesterday. All I was feeling was sick af lol.

~

Today was unusual. I sat at a crummy looking bench strewn aside at the skatepark, a grimace adorning my s/c face. Usually, I wouldn't mind sitting alone while at the skatepark--never mind not being in such a putrid mood. Sure, the smell of sweat made you want to puke and the grating and rattling of wheels against the smooth surface of the halfpipe could get a little annoying, but I wouldn't normally be this pissed.

This visit was different. I usually came here alone to clear my head and relax, but an obnoxious wave of anxiety and anger were pulsating through me, my head aching while my heart raced.

My eyes were trained on a figure, slim and muscular while the clothes shrouding it were tight in all the right places. His movements across the halfpipe were swift, him coming up to do an impressive-looking trick then dipping back down to race to the other side.

Much to my surprise, Nathan secretly knew how to board.

Now I know, rewind, what the heck? This began as a skatepark date with Kid as our coffee outing had become a complete and total failure, but now I'm sat here staring at Nathan?

Let me explain how this awkward coincidence occurred.

After Kid had arrived at the skatepark with me in tow, he had set me down at this disgusting, gum-covered bench before getting caught up in a group of guys, all of them fangirling about how the Death The Kid was a skate rat. Their conversation eventually lead them over to the edge of the rink, where they were now stood, seemingly flirting with it as they continued on with their conversation with no intention of going down.

This is where my anger arose. Not only did it piss me off that Kid had completely ditched me for a group of guys--not that I cared all that much, that douche could do whatever he wanted--but he also wasn't even using his board! I ached to just steal it out from under his feet, sliding down the ramp myself while enjoying the icy touch of the wind running its hands through my hair and across my body.

Well, that use of personification sounded oddly sexual.

Anyway, that's when I caught sight of a patch of scruffy blonde hair. The sun reflected off of it like it was gold, it glistening with sweat while the owner continuously flicked it out of his eyes like it was a hassle. Speaking of eyes, goddamn. I wouldn't mind getting lost in those murky green pools for just a little while. As we all know; this mysterious and handsome man happened to be my date from the previous night, Nathan Ross.

This is when a bout of anxiety ensued. Not only was I on a date with Kid of all people, but Nathan happened to be here too. I felt dirty--like I was some kind of cheater. It's not like I was officially dating either of the two boys, I'd actually rather lick wet cement than do so at the present moment, but I just felt so awkward. They were both attractive people, I just couldn't choose which to stare at. On one hand: a guy who I could be potentially dating in the future, on the other hand: my good-looking ex-best friend who's heart I'm going to smash into millions of tiny pieces. There you go, F/n, talking about the real problems going on in the world.

On a more serious note, a meeting between the two could also be quite toxic. They obviously both have the same goal in mind with ulterior motives, that making them rivals. Then again, from the way that they've looked at each other from the few times I've seen them together, they don't seem to be all that close of friends anyway.

That's how I ended up where I am now, bitterly sitting on the sidelines of the skatepark while practically drooling over Nathan's skating skills. Oh yeah, along with occasionally shooting glares in Kid's direction. I fiddled with the long sleeves of my black crop top, hanging my head low so nobody would recognize me. After all, it's embarrassing to be a relatively renowned skateboarder and come here to simply sit on the sidelines.

I felt like one of the bimbos that the skateboarders would bring along for attention, them mindlessly screaming for their significant other to do yet another trick. Too bad I had no intention of screaming for Kid nor Nathan no matter how cute they may be.

It was like the world had heard my prayers to not be noticed and laughed at them, my eyes widening at the sight of a mop of messy blonde hair approaching. My mouth fell agape, his forming into a beautiful pearly-white smile as he sat down across from me, not even phased by the gum that shrouded the table.

"Hey," He said happily, grabbing my hands from across the counter. "Sorry about our date, it really didn't turn out as expected. You got home safely, right?" I nodded mindlessly in return, a blush spreading across my cheeks.

I know I seem like a stereotypical love-sick puppy, but I couldn't help it, he was just too damn pretty. I cleared my throat, desperately trying to come up with something witty to say. Before a word could leave my lips, however, his hands were dragging me upward, my body practically springing from my seat.

'Holy shit, he lifted me as if I were a feather!'

"C'mon," He muttered, tugging me toward his side of the table. "You aren't the only skate rat, as you now very well know from your intense stalker session over here," He chuckled, my cheeks flaming a bright shade of red. "I know some nice places around here to hang out where we can't be bothered, care to join me?"

~

A/N: Lol I may have felt sick yesterday but we all know my readers are even sicker of my bULLSHIT AYYYYY.

Like shit man, we're at chapter 36 and we still haven't had a bloody kiss scene.

Everyone internally: DAMMIT AUTHOR WHY?!1?1

Me:

So jk lol hold on guys, shit's about to get bumpy and y'all may get your wish ;)

Until then :P

Goal: 22 reads, 5 votes, 15 comments

QOTD: Are you ready for some AnGsT??!?

~Christy <3