26

It was as if the world had fallen silent. Only the subliminal sounds such as the house creaking and the bugs buzzing echoing through my room. Well, that was until the clock struck 5:00 AM. Unfortunately, it wasn't like Cinderella where she lost her fancy ball gown and slippers at the stroke of midnight. Instead, an obnoxiously loud and mechanical beeping noise blared throughout my room followed by a loud and indignant groan coming from yours truly.

'Well, so much for the beauty of silence.'

Stretching my s/c arms above my head with a light yawn escaping my lips, an angry and disheveled Soul bound into my room with his snowy locks in disarray. Well- more than usual, that is.

"What the hell! School doesn't start for another couple of hours, why is your alarm going off?!" Soul's gruff and husky morning voice rang through my room.

'Ah, the sweet morning voice of my lovely new partner. How the hell did we manage to get our souls to sync again?'

"Painful to be beautiful Souley~," I smirked, standing from my bed and stretching once more. "Go get ready. Since you're up early we can get some extra practice in. Maybe we can go on a mission today."

"But we literally just managed to resonate," Soul whined, throwing his arms around me and pouting. "So not cool."

"Just like you~," I purred, shoving him toward my door. "Get out you dork, I have to get ready. Can you make us breakfast?"

"Hell no, woman, I need to look beautiful too!" Soul chuckled while mock flipping his 'long luscious locks' over his shoulder, strutting out of my room like a model.

"What am I going to do with you?" I asked, raising my voice so he could hear me through the thick walls.

"Marry a cool guy like me, duh," He laughed before his footfalls faded out of an earshot, the sound of a door shutting resonating through the house. Sighing and looking toward my closet, a feeling of dread washed over me.

'Oh god, how am I supposed to look presentable with little to no fashion sense! This is an Evelyn thing!' I thought, a grimace spreading across my face at the thought of the traitor. 'You know what, I don't need her! I'm internet trash, I can totally just let the internet just fix my dilemma. It's not as if I don't know what websites to look on.'

Opening my sleek silver laptop and typing in my password, I immediately double-clicked my perpetually-opened browser. One of my tabs popped to life from the below bar, Wattpad proudly displaying itself across my computer screen. I blushed as I raced to close the tab, a beautifully written gay fanfiction presented below the Wattpad logo. I sighed and re-opened my browser, the google logo staring at me with my cursor flashing, taunting me to search something.

Cute teenage girl outfits I keyed in, then pressed search.

Clicking over to images, an assortment of women posing in various outfits met my eyes. All the outfits were really cute and trendy, but I didn't have anything nearly like it in my wardrobe. A frown graced my lips, my fingers incessantly scrolling until I found something that really irked me. No, it wasn't porn or anything of the such, but a girl, around the mere age of 5, posing for a picture and wearing the clothes of a teenager. Her hair was curled to perfection and her lips were set in a pout, an obvious amount of makeup practically seeping from her pores.

"Who the fuck is raising this kid?" I asked aloud, a grimace forming on my lips. "Watch her grow up and become a Tik Tok star."

"You're just salty because she dresses better than you and Tik Tok stars make more money than us meisters and weapons could ever dream of," Soul said, magically standing in my doorway fully dressed. The smell of bacon wafted through my room, a chuckle escaping my partner's lips. "While you've sat here being a salty fuck, I made breakfast."

"Food!" I cheered, pumping my fists in the air as Soul went over to my wardrobe. He tossed out a large and baggy grey heart sweater with a pair of black skinnies, a pink beanie falling on top of it to match.

"Change into this and then you'll get your food," Soul laughed, leaving my room and shutting the door behind him. I did as told and quickly changed, doing my hair and makeup while bitterly thinking of that 5-year-old model.

'Hmph, I definitely look better than you.' I thought, checking myself out in my mirror.

"Oi, stop staring at your ass and eat, the food's getting cold," I squealed as Soul chuckled, magically appearing at my door yet again.

"What the hell, you just left 10 seconds ago!"

"Seconds? More like minutes. Let's go, we're going to be late,"

"Shoot!"

~

//Just a cute bit of filler before shit starts getting real. I promise I'll update as soon as I can tomorrow so we can move away from the fillers ><

BTW: Thank you so much for almost 600 reads <3 I love you all!

-Christy <3