6

//iM SO ANRGY I EDITED THIS WHOLE THING AND WATTPAD DELETED IT

Update 7/18/20: Wow the way that everything in this chapter was misspelled... very on-brand.

~

I reluctantly began to rouse from my restless slumber, my senses becoming inundated with the gloomy fragrance of the morning. I groaned as the sun-streaked through the windows and began to kiss the tops of my eyelids, cursing myself for forgetting to draw the curtains the previous night. Before opening my eyes, I felt an icy breeze brush over my skin, which made me suddenly hyper-aware of the sudden pain shooting through my back and the lack of sheets covering my body.

'Wait, this definitely isn't my bed.'

I blinked open my eyes groggily, noticing I had passed out on the couch with Sadie and Evelyn sprawled out next to me. I giggled at our awkward position-- my phone lying on Sadie's face while my arm was stretched across Evelyn's stomach, the both of them still fast asleep. My expression quickly changed once I realized what day it was.

"Fuck!" I swore, abruptly covering my mouth in fear of waking my sleeping weapons. Waking up Sadie and or Evelyn on a weekend sounds about as appealing as having tea with the Devil. I quickly grabbed my phone off Sadie's face to turn it on, noticing that the clock read 9:30-- I still had some time left. I didn't make it two steps toward my bedroom before my stomach cried out in protest, a sigh escaping my lips when I recalled that I hadn't eaten a thing since lunch yesterday. I sighed, knowing I wouldn't have any time to eat before I left.

I disappointedly ran to my room--my stomach groaning as I went--bounding into the bathroom and taking a quick shower. Afterward, I threw on a simple outfit, quickly put on some makeup (considering I was quite possibly going on a "date"), and brushed my hair-- tying it into a messy bun. I didn't bother to give myself a once-over in the mirror.

My eyes caught on the f/c wall of my room, noticing my skateboard leaning against it. A smile twisted on my lips as I rushed to grab it, quietly running down the hall with my necessities jangling in hand. Placing my keys in my pocket, I turned on my phone yet again to check the time only for a message from Nathan to appear.

Hey, good morning. I'm almost at Deathbucks, what about you?

I typed a message back as fast I possibly could, but due to my lack of friends, I hadn't the practice needed to type as adeptly as Sadie would. I didn't text at all, for that matter.

'M coming right now. Sorta passed out on the couch last night, so I was late to wake up. Be there in five.

I placed my phone in my pocket with my keys, dropping my f/c skateboard on the ground and stepping on it with one foot. Pushing off with the other, I began to glide down the sidewalks at a leisurely pace before picking up speed. I weaved in and out of groups of people, making them gasp as I rode by.

"Rad!" a teen with shaggy black hair called, his eyes hidden behind his messy locks. The girl next to him gave me a 'rad' sign with her hands as well, her black and turquoise-streaked hair flowing in the breeze behind her. I smiled and waved at them, reciprocating the symbol with my hands as I continued onward.

Upon reaching a Tumblr-esque, green-colored coffee shop, I took notice of the quaint flower pots sitting out front. Vibrant reds, subtle oranges, light pinks, and dark purples filled my eyes, each flower unique and gorgeous in its own way. If only life were that forgiving.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" A honeyed voice spoke from behind me. I turned around abruptly, startled, almost knocking over the man behind me--the one and only Death the Kid. The left side of his plump lip tugged up into a beguiling smirk as he delicately held a porcelain teacup in his hand--almost reminding me of his flawless pale complexion--it possibly originating from the shop we were stood outside of. I looked up to examine blue overhang that hovered overhead, noticing it read in variegated print Deathbucks Cafe.