46

//Heeeellooooo fanfiction nation. I'm your host, Pastel!Christy and let's get riiiiiiiiight on into the news! My Asymmetrical Prick just fuckin' hit 3k views!

 I'm your host, Pastel!Christy and let's get riiiiiiiiight on into the news! My Asymmetrical Prick just fuckin' hit 3k views!

Jokes aside, thanks, guys. School just started so I'm having a hard time updating quickly, but I promise I'm working as hard as I can. Here's a longer chapter for the wait :P

//Update (7/21/20): The way that i cringed so inexplicably hard at this, holy fuck. 

~

My fingers stumbled over each other as I pulled up the messages app yet again, brows furrowing at my luminescent screen.

'Who should I text first?' I ask myself. 'Obviously not Evelyn, she probably doesn't care. Soul....?' My thoughts wandered, my finger subconsciously shifting between the messages from Kid and Nathan.

My finger hovered over Kid's contact for a brief second, Kuro's angry words of, 'are you going to give him that shot?' resonating through my mind.

A familiar feeling of dread washed over me like a tidal wave, a nervous sweat forming on my brow followed by cumbersome twitches and trembles wracking my body (making me look somewhat possessed, unfortunately). My once-steady breathing became sharp and panicked whilst the world grew blotted with black stains, the dark shade slowly consuming my vision.

A firm hand gripping my wrist pulled me from my anxiety attack, Naigus' worried eyes staring deeply into my own. I gave her a weak nod and turned back to face my screen, a small sigh following the nurse out the door.

I thought nothing of it, my mind far too occupied with my own petty problems. Yes, petty, I realize that my current groundbreaking problem is who to text. As if I didn't get into a borderline anxiety attack over this, I confidently clicked on Nathan's contact without looking at the untouched ones that lay silently underneath.

I'll just tell them I'm awake later. They probably don't care all that much.

That's right, they don't care. They don't care about your pathetic self at all. Die already. The harsh words flooded my brain like an overfilled kiddie pool on a hot summer day, the sun relentlessly bearing down on the poor, innocent people who melted beneath its agonizing heat.

Despite the exorbitant amount of sunblock a mother had applied to her young daughter's skin (for god's sake, it was like she was doing the 100 layers challenge) the sun still broke through as her daughter played in her kiddie pool, scalding the young girl's body and giving her large, red, peeling sores that burned and ached all over her body. Sticky sweat dripped from her pores and mixed into her wounds as an indescribable ache gripped her young body.

A scream rose to the girl's throat yet her mouth merely hung open in bitter silence, her saliva becoming thick and choking her whilst she let out her muffled cries. Nobody listened, nobody looked. Everyone remained silent and kept to themselves as she continued to ache under the sun's constant oppression.