The Murdered Assassin

Continuation of "A New Friend"

Vanessa and I trudged through the murky water of the lake and made it on shore.

We were quick to put our clothes back on, and began to run the opposite direction of the air shattering sound.

I saw Arthur running next to me.

"What are we supposed to do!" I screamed.

"Just keep running! We may find a hiding or place or something!" he said.

I could here the assassins' horses galloping hard against the ground as they were quickly approaching us.

I located Clare, and started to run close to her.

"Where are we supposed to go!" she said.

"Just follow my lead!" I replied.

We ran faster and faster through the jungle and tried our hardest to not come into contact with the assassins.

I looked to my right and saw a small, rocky cave.

Thinking it was our last resort, I grabbed Clare's hand and pulled her in my direction.

"Where are we going," she said in surprise.

"I saw a small cave just a short distance away from us. We need to hide now before they catch us!" I said.

We sped across the jungle and made it to the cave. We quickly ran deep inside it, and hid behind a big rock.

We made sure that we were not seen by anyone passing by.

"Be quiet until I say it is safe to come out," I said to Clare.

She was trembling with tremendous fear. I came closer to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"Please be over," I whispered to myself.

Little did I know something unexpected will happen...

¤¤¤

I opened my dark green eyes and surveyed our surroundings. My sister was sleeping close to my side.

We must've fallen asleep during the raid. I slowly craned my neck over to the entrance of the cave.

I couldn't hear any noises other than birds chirping and frogs croaking, so I  assumed it was safe.

"Clare! Wake up Clare!" I whispered loudly.

"I'm up, I'm up," she said drousily.

"Come on. Let's go scope the seen," I said.

I slowly stood up and walked out of the cave, looking cautiously to see if anything dangerous was near.

BAAAAANNG!!!

Someone jumped on top of me, causing me to fall to the ground.

I looked up and saw that it was an assassin. His armour was dark, and he looked ready to kill me.

He pinned me down and took out a curved blade.

BANG!!!

BANG!!!

I heard the knife slice into the ground as I moved my body to avoid his strikes.

I kneed him in the stomach with all my might, trying to push him away from me.

He fell back holding his stomach in pain.

I made my way over to him and grabbed his sword. He held on to it tight, not loosening his grip one bit.

He butted his head against mine. I tumbled backwards, feeling the pain coarse through my head.

It was excruciating.

After a few moments, we both stood up and charged at each other.

I grabbed his sword, this time taking it out of his hand, and shoved him on the ground.

He kicked my leg, tripping me over.

After bearing the impact of falling down, I crawled over to him and thrusted the sword toward his body.

He grabbed it, just in time for it not to touch him.

I kept on pushing, trying to overpower him.

He clenched his teeth together.

The assassin took his last breath as he finally let go of the sword, letting it peirce his chest, killing him swiftly.

His head fell back, and he stopped moving.

Green blood oozed from his stab wound. The king must've morphed his human body into something else.

I sat up on my knees, panting with exhaustion.

I threw the sword to the ground, instantly regretting what I had done.

Making sure to cover up my tracks, I dragged his body away from the cave, and burried it with leaves that where lying around.

Killing is a mortal sin...

How could I have done this?

What has gotten into me?

I thought things like these for a while after I burried the body. Hopefully nothing like this will ever happen again.

After saying a prayer, I started to walk back to the cave.

As I was walking, I saw a figure running toward me.

He ran closer until I noticed that the figure was Arthur!

I ran up to him, ready to tell him about what had just happened.

Then I thought...

Maybe I should keep this to myself. It probably won't be a huge problem right now.

So I decided not to say anything about the event.

Arthur finally reached me, gasping for breath.

"Peter, I'm so glad it's you!" he said.

"Are there any survivors?" I asked.

"Well, I was able to find a hiding place to avoid the soldiers," he said.

"Once I came out, the only person I could find was Vanessa."

"Well, where is she," I said eagerly.

"She is still in the hiding place," he said.

"Me and Clare were also able to find a small cave to hide in," I said.

"I think you and Clare should come with me and Vanessa," he said.

"It would be much safer."

"Okay," I said, following his orders.

I ran towards the cave and found Clare standing in it. Her back was facing me, and she was standing very still.

"Clare!" I said. "I found Arthur, and the only other survivor was Vanessa." What are you staring at?" I said bemusedly.

I walked towards her slowly. As I did, I started to see a glowing light.

It was a blueish color, and looked rather faint.

When I finally reached her position, I now saw what she had been looking at.

The light was coming from a tunnel that appeared to go deep into the rocky ground.

"What is it?" she said in a confused voice.

I looked at the tunnel closely.

"I have no idea," I said.

____________________________________

§ I know I haven't updated in a long time (again) but I will try my best to do update quicker. Expect more action coming next! Thank you! §

*please let me know if I made any mistakes!