The 40 Foot Beast

"10,000!" Said Clare. She had been counting her steps as we were walking. "This jungle is so cool!" I said. "So many plants and animals I have never even seen before."

"Arhtur," I said as I ran up to him. "Do you know what kind of creatures are in this jungle?" "Well," he said "I do know some which have been discovered long ago like the razor-winged falcon," he said.

"It has feathers on the tips of its wings that are as sharp as knives which it uses to slice and kill its prey."

"Another one, which I have actually seen in person, is the brachiosus which is twice the size of a rhino and has a huge horizontal log shaped crest in front of its head.

"I guess it would use that for defence since it is a herbivore. "That's so cool!" I said. "Will we get to see any of those?"

We might if we keep our eyes open. But there are also very dangerous creatures in here." Like what?" I said eagerly.

"Well if you really want to know," he said. "I can tell you about the deadliest creature in the jungle and maybe even on the planet." "Please do!" I said.

It has been rumored that their is a 40 foot monster that lives in this jungle," Arthur said. "Huge jaws and as wide as an average house. It has foot long teeth and razor-sharp claws and the speed of a cheetah. Some say that it even has wings and can fly," he said.

"Do you know where it would be in a jungle?" I asked. "Well usually they sleep in caves and hunts at night since it is nocturnal.

"Who knows though," he said "maybe we would see one up close, but it better be sleeping. "If we did I would remember that moment for a long time," I said.

Just as I was about to ask Arthur another question we heard a loud voice echoing through the trees. "Hey!" Someone yelled. "I found something."

"What is it?" I said. Its just a few fet away from here." Follow me and I'll show you what I found," he said. We walked a few feet through the jungle to see what he wanted to show us.

"Here it is," he said. "It was like this when I found it." I've never seen anything like that," I said. What would it be?" I asked Arthur. "It's a coriniousus," he said.

"I have never seen one dead in my life though." These creatures are at the top of the food chain. "You see these spikes on the side of its body?" "And the five sharp spikes on its tail." "Yes," I said.

It used these defences to protect itself and no animal would even dare attack it because they know that they would fail up against this beast." Then how did it end up like this?" I asked.

"There is only one creature that could have done this," he said. "Which one?" We all asked.

"The Tyranos," he said slightly worried. Then we heard a roar. Louder than anything roar I have heard before. It was so loud I had to cover my ears. "Ahhhhhhhhh!" Someone yelled.

We all ran over to see what was. And what we saw was beyond my comprehension.

___________________________________

§ I hope you liked this chapter and it will get more exciting in the next one so don't get bored yet. Please comment on what I can fix and do better and expect more §