Abandoning Home

As we saw the last of the king's soldiers leave from the other side of the gates me and my sister started to walk back in slowly.

When we walked through all we could see was wreck. Buildings on fire and people still running and sreaming.

When we searched for our house but what we could find was nothing but a few walls of what was left of it.

We tried to find our parents but they were no where in sight. "They must have been captured by the kings soldiers," I said. My sister just ignored me and almost started to cry again.

As I was walking around I saw the tower where we keep our magical sapphire stone. "I can't see the stone," I yelled. "What do you mean you don't see the stone?" said someone nearby. "The Sapphire stone is missing." "It must of been taken by the guards," the mayor said.

"What should we do know," I asked the city mayor. "We have to gather all the survivors and aid the ones who are injured," he replied. "We need to rebuild this place somehow"

"Or we could just find a new place to live," said one of the villagers. "A sacred place where we can all live better lives." He was wearing a gray shirt with a brown jacket and grey shorts. He also had a large scar on his cheek. It was probably there from a battle.

"And where exactly would this 'sacred city' my good fellow," said the mayor. "I know the way. Its through a mysterious land which we we all need to travel past to get there"

"What is your name?" Said the mayor. "Arthur," replied the man. "How are we supposed to trust you," I said. "Your not some wizard or magician are you?" "I may not be that," replied the man. "But I am the person who can bring these people to a hidden and fortified place where they can live in peace," he said.

"Are you sure you know where it is?" said the mayor. "I'm positive," he replied. "Well then." Does anyone disagree with this man's proposition?" said the mayor. No one said anything and most of the people seemed to trust him. The others were so desperate to find a new home they were willing to do almost anything.

"Ok then. We leave in two days and by that time everyone better be packed and ready to walk" anounced the mayor.

I walked over to my sister who was sitting on a pile of wood to give her the news. "Two days!" She said surprised. "Yes so we need to packed and ready to make a long journey," I said. "Where are we going," she said. "A 'sacred place' that would give us a better home," I replied.

"It was said by an unknown villager but everyone seems to trust him" "Are sure we can make it though, and what if just wants to lead us into a trap" "We have to go if we want to find a new home"

My sister went to our broken down house to see what she could. I followed her to get my satchel.

That night I went to bed early so I wouldn't be tired for the journey. My sister had veen asleep for at least 10 minutes until I lied down.

As I lay down I took my tomahawk that I got during the attack. I carced a design on the handel to remind me of my parents. I thought about them before going to sleep. I also thought about where we would go and even if it would do us any good.

¤¤¤

The next morning I was woken up by the loud voices coming from the people outside. It was already time to leave. I quickly woke up my sister, who was still tired, and grabbed my things.

When we were out of the house we started to walk to the city gates in order to leave. I saw the man who was leading us. It was the same one who talked all of us into this travel.

"Do you really think we should go," said my sister in doubt. "We could just rebuild slowly" "I trust this man," I said "And when we get there we won't have to rebuild anything."

"We'll have a safe village and home, and have all the things we need," I said. "Do you know how long the journey is?" She said.

"It must not be that long," I said. "A lot of people need to find a new home so probably not."

When we reached the gates I took one last look of our once peaceful and happy village. I still remember the day it was taken from us and I hope that this journey will gelp us get back on our feetand give all these people what they deserve. When everyone exited the gates we started our walk to the new home.

___________________________________

§ I hope you like my story and don't forget to vote! §