Our Jungle Escape

The beast roared its dreadful roar and started to run straight in our direction. "Run!" I screamed to everyone around me. "Try to avoid it at all costs," said Arthur.

I grabbed Clare's hand tightly and we ran together. I heard the beast coming even closer and the screams getting louder. "We need to find someplace to hide," I said "There's no way we can escape that thing by running."

As we searched and searched we knew we were almost out of time. We desperatly ran and looked for a spot where it wouldn't be able to find us.

"Over there!" I said pointing to a hole in a banyon tree. The hole was covered bt thick vines "Everyone follow me!" Clare and I entered first and the rest climbed in behind us. We squeezed in as much as we could so we couldn't be visible from the outside.

"We have to stay here until it passes," said Arthur. "No one move an inch." I heard it coming closer and closer knocking down trees and gulping down whatever it could eat. We had no idea where the others were or even if they were alive.

"I think its coming!" My sister said nervously. "Everyone be as quiet as you can and make no movements," I said. Those were my last words before I saw the most frightening seen of my life. I could not hear anything as it approached and everything went silent.

I held my sister close and tried to become as small as possible. I could hear the grumbling noises it made as it tried to sniff us out. The beast moved even closer now, slowly using all of its senses to find what it was looking for.

I saw its huge head move by the holes in the tree and its yellow eyes scanning for any living thing. I stayed still and waited for it to move away.

After it took a long look at the tree, I saw its green, scaly body whisk by as it walked away at a fast pace.

We waited for the sound of its stomping to stop until we could come out of the tree. Someone stepped out and looked around the jungle to see if it was gone.

"Its clear," he said. We all walked out of the tree and decided to take a break for a while and rest after our run. Me and my sister sat down on a trunk to catch our breath. "I really hope that anything like that doesn't happen again," said Clare. "Well you never know what's out there, but I have a feeling we'll be alright," I said.

¤¤¤

After our break we got up to go and see what Arhtur said would be the "fast way" out of the jungle. Sowe all followed him, but when we arrived to the thing he wanted to show us, we were totally confused.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I said. "What are you talking about?" He said. Its right here. "But we don't see anything," said Clare.

"That may be because you're not looking hard enough", he said as he threw a stick at the ground not so far away.

After the stick hit the ground something huge came out of the ground. It looked like a stingray with legs and had grass and even some trees on its back. It had huge wings and dark green eyes. It looked rather calmer than most animals I've seen and I was surprised it didn't attack.

As we walked over to see more of its features, It started to munch on some ferns. "What is that thing?" Said Clare. "Its a tree-flyer," said Arthur.

"Don't worry," he said. "These animals are herbivores and very friendly to other animals. They are also masters of disguise. "I can see that," I said. When that thing came out of the ground I thought it was an earthquake.

"Well hop on," said Arthur as he climbed on one of the tree-flyer's back"Don't just stand their. "Come on," I said to Clare as I sat on one of my own.

"I hope these things take it easy on the flying," said Clare. "Because I've had enough action for today."

"Well it depends on your flyer," said Arthur. "You better hope yours is a calm one."

After everyone got on, the tree-flyers lifted gracefully after Arthur told us to tap on their backs a few times.

As we flew I felt like I was truly alive. The veiw was spectacular and I could see all the jungle had to offer. "This is amazing!" I said to Clare. "Its way better than I thought it would be!" She replied.

We flew in enjoyment, cherishing every momment of it. This jounrey couldn't get any better and now I know nothing bad can happen to us now.

Or can it?

_____________________________________

§ Hey guys I hope you liked this action filled chapter and expect more of them later on! §