An Almost Fatal Rescue

We chased the giant bird through the sky desperatly trying to rescue Clare from its chomping beak.

I tried to fly around it somehow but whenever I tried it bumbed my tree-flyer to the side everytime I tried.

Clare dove into the trees, hoping that they would protect her, but to my surprise it just shortened its wingspan and still flew directly behind her.

"How are we going to do this," I said to Arthur. "I think I have a plan," he replied. I looked at him in disbelief.

"We need more than 'think' to save my sister from a giant bird," I said nervously. "Ok," Arthur said.

"This might not work but just try to listen." What is it," I say anxiously.

"Listen closely," he said. "I'll fly above the bird and wait until the right moment to jump on its back. It'll lose control of its flight and then we can land safely somewhere else."

"What about you?" I said. "Where will you land." "I'll meet you later," he said. "What's more important is to save Clare and escape to safety. Got it." "Got it," I said.

He flew above the bird with his tree-flyer and waited for the right moment to jump on its back. I watched him as he circled over its back.

He waited for the right moment and then boosted himslef off of the tree-flyers back and jumped.

He landed right its feathery back. Its eyes widened and squaked even louder than before. It flipped over trying to make him fall but he held on even more tightly.

After it failed to get him off he managed to stear it away from Clare and disappeared with the bird into the forest.

I sped up to Clare to see if she was alright and motioned for her and everyone else to land.

She ran up and hugged me tightly with small tears in her eyes. Even though she was still a little frightened we were all releaved that everyone was fine.

"I'm so glad you made it Clare. Are you hurt or anything?" I said to her. "No I'm fine," she said. I couldn't go any longer before Arthur distracted the bird. It would've gotten me a few seconds after.

"Wait," she said. Speaking of Arthur does everyone know where he went with the giant bird." "I didn't see him," I said, arching my shoulders.

All of a sudden we heard the falcon's familiar squak again. "Was that the bird?" Clare said in a scared tone.

"I don't know," I replied. You were the one being chased by it so you should know!"

Then something huge flew right in front of us knocking all of us below it to the ground.
"Whooooa!" A familiar voice said.

The falcon landed in a clear spot and Arthur climbed of its back. "Arthur?" I said in surprise. "But how?".

"Well it turns out that not only razor-winged falcons can be riden but they also make oretty good companions," he said as he tossed a fruit in its mouth.

"That's so cool," Clare said in amazement. "I'll let you ride with me Clare," Arthur said. "Of course," she said back, hopping on.

"Should we continue in same direction," a nearby girl said. She was wearing a white short dress and brown shoes. "No we have to travel up those mountains over there and continue straight.

I stared at her for a second. I had never seen someone like her in my village and she was quite beautiful. "She looked at me back for a second and continued walking. Her brownish black hair whisked behind her in the wind

"Peter...Peter...Peter!" Clare said over and over again. I stopped daydreaming and responded. "What is it?" I said "Get on your tree-flyer," she said. "We're flying up those mountains. Are you even ready?".

"Yeah I am let's go." I replied as I got ready, putting my satchel back on. Maybe I'll get to talk to her later. I said to myself l. I hopped on my tree-flyer and ascended into the air after my sister and the others.

_____________________________________

§ Thanks for reading my book and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Expext more of there journey and more to the story. Thank you! §