The boy and the girl-Real events

The girl had known the boy for months. They shared classes in their senior year at high school and had grown fond of eachother. They met on a class trip the the coast where the boy was alone and the girl took the responsibility of getting to know him a little bit. Over time they got closer and closer and the girl started to develop feelings towards the boy. Little did she know the feelings soon became mutual.

The boy sat with the girl at lunch time sometimes and her friends would tease the pair. They would make jokes about them liking one another and them being the cutest couple ever. The girl found these jokes annoying because eventhough she hid it she wanted them to be true. She wanted to be in a relationship with the boy but at that time circumstances wouldn't allow for that to happen.

You see, the boy already had a girlfriend. They had been dating for about a year and didn't appear to be breaking up anytime soon. It killed the girl just that little bit to know that the boy was out of reach and in the arms of another but there was nothing she could do.

The teasing hadn't stopped and the girl was growing tired of it. One day in class the girls best friend was talking to the boy in the next room just within earshot of the girl. The girl could hear her name being mentioned and instantly believed she had been outed by her best friend. She told her friend that she didn't want to speak to her and that she just wanted to be left alone. She knew the boy didn't like her like that and that now the boy knew her secret.

The boy then returned to the room and tried speaking to the girl. He told her that her best friend had actually told him that the girl didn't like him, in hopes of clearing up any confusion her other friends may have left. The girl apologized and even though it was a huge lie told the boy she didn't like him as more than a friend.

There friendship bore on and after a few weeks the boy came back to the same class and told the girl he had broken up with his girlfriend. On the inside the girl was happy but concealed it in her friends time of need. She asked if the boy was ok and gave him encouraging words. The thought of the boys sudden single status had the girl thinking that maybe, just maybe he liked her back, despite her confirmation of platonic feelings only.

Time carried on and it seemed the two had become more comfortable with eachother every day. There had been no more talk of feelings between the two apart from the girls friends constant remarks of perfect coupling abilities. They carried on their friendship like everyone else.

Soon came time for the day of their graduation. The ceremony came and passed and when the students were released for final good byes before the evenings formal the girl and her best friend found themselves with the boy. Her best friend bid the boy good bye and left him with a friendly hug. The girl then wished him well and congratulated him on graduating. He returned the favour then brought the girl in for a hug too.

The boy was warm and taller than the girl so she fit almost under his chin. His arms around her was comforting. It was the first time the boy and girl had hugged despite their long term friendship. She wasn't a touchy person and she was sure he was unsure of whether or not he could hug her. The girl wanted more hugs from him.

That night the girl felt beautiful. She was wearing a black dress, silver rhindstones accenting her dress. Her make up and hair done to perfection. She spent the night surrounded by friends including the boy. The boy wore a full suit complete with top hat which the girl frequently stole and wore as her own.

The night consisted of dancing and speeches, a senior video and dinner. By the end of the night the girl was happy with the outcome of the night. But before she could go home the dj played one last final slow song.

The girl began the song dancing with her best friend but the best friend was soon replaced by the boy, who had ever so politely asked to cut in. They spun around at a slow pace awkwardly at first but soon got the idea and the girls hands were on the boys shoulders and the boys on her waist.

The slow song played in the background as the pair would alternate looking at eachother, looking at friends who were watching and letting out small chuckles during light conversation. The girl could see the boys eyes were glassy and a little bit red, like he had teared up and when she asked him what was wrong he replied by saying he was nervous.

The fact that the boy was nervous built up all sorts of hopes. Hopes he would ask her to be his girlfriend,  hopes that thier friendship would finally become more. When by the end of the song the boy still hadn't done anything the girls hopes were diminishing.

But then when the two were just about to leave the dancefloor the girl could see the boys face show a sign of determination as if he had just said 'fuck it' in his head. The next thing the girl knows is she sees a pair of plump pink lips coming towards hers. She barely has time to close her eyes let alone kiss the boy back, even though she has no idea how seems this was her first ever kiss.

The boy pulls back just as fast as he got there and leaves the girl in a mix of shock, disbelief, embarrassment and want. Wanting to do it again so this time she could be prepared. Shock and disbelief because she thought that would never happen and embarrassment because that happened in a room full of teachers and fellow peers, who had no doubt seen.

The girl was so full of conflicting emotion she couldn't bring out any words. Luckily her best friend was there running over to her to help her not fall over in shock. After calming down a fraction she was able to look up to the boy to see him looking even more nervous and maybe also a little bit relieved that the girl hadn't run away.

The girl smiled up at the boy in hopes of calming him down, it seemed to work. But after that one smile the girl couldn't seem to wipe it off if her face. The girl didn't know what to say so she ended up just looking at the boy and smiling. There was a twinge of awkwardness but it was probably just the girl overthinking things and making situations awkward like usual.

The girl then remembered that she had to go home and told the boy so in a small voice she had never used before. He agreed and the two and her best friend walked to the entrance of the building together. At the door just before separating the boy pulled the girl in for a hug that was just like the last, warm and comforting. He pulled away telling her that even though it was graduation they now had to stay in touch, she happily agreed.

The girl and boy separated that night with the girl in a car driving away with her best friend. She looked back though wanting to get one last glance at the boy who had just stolen her first kiss. He was standing at the door waiting for his parents to collect him looking down at the floor and the girl couldn't keep the smile from her face.

She sat in the back seat of the car that night driving home to replays of the nights events and looks given to her from the person sitting beside hr who she called her best friend. The girl can easily describe her graduation night as the best night in her life.

The end.

Guys this is a recount basically of my year with a guy in my art, tourism and math classes. The formal/graduation part happened last night (15/11/13) and was amazing. Thanks for reading and remember to vote it you liked this, comment if you want and fan me if you like me.

UPDATE ON THE BOY LOL-

So turns like a year after all of this happening, we didn't do anything btw he got another girlfriend and i was forgotten i know sad buuut! It was a good thing cause the girlfriend i wrote about in this ended up getting murdered and he is now in jail for murdering her so good job me for dodging that bullet. Just thought i might share that with you all. Bye.