chapter 10

He led me to the living room. What is he going to do? You never know what is going on in his head. Releasing my hand from his, he turned to look at me.

"Wait for me here. I have something for you. I brought it with me earlier when I was coming back from work. I couldn't give you since you have been avoiding me. It's my first gift for you." With that he turned and made his way to his room.

What? He got me a gift? Is he kidding me? I hope he is not planning something evil. Why will he get me a gift? As far as I'm concerned I know that he hates me. The sound of his footsteps halted all other thoughts going on in my head. My eyes glued to his door. I still can't process him being like this. He came out with a box in his hand and marched his way to me.

"This!" He said placing the box on my lap. I looking at the box, I'm contemplating opening it. I can't lie I'm a bit scared too. Is it a bomb? No. If it's a bomb he won't stay right there while am opening it. I raised my head to look at him. He nodded and smiled encouraging me to open it. The box is an ordinary brown box. And it is not sealed. Even though it is slightly opened I can't make out what Is inside. I opened the box and peck inside.
"What?" I didn't know when I jumped to the other sofa. Causing the box to roll off the ground screaming my head off. It's a cat!he got me a cat. "Take it away! Take it away from me!" I knew it nothing good will come out of this. Please take it away! I cried moving farther away from the cat that was trying to get out of the box! What if it suddenly start following me? I turned to look at the devil. He was laughing clutching his stomach. I stared at him with fury. He has the guts to be laughing. He looked up at me trying to suppress his laughter and raising his hands in surrender.

"I didn't mean to laugh at you." He said his voice muffled. I didn't know that you are scared of cats.

"Just take it away!"

"OK, OK," he carried the cat and took it to his room. He came out. Closing the door behind him.
"I will take it out tomorrow morning he announced. "He turned back making his way to me. When our eyes met he started to laugh. Trying his best to suppress it. His dimples popping out. I have never seen his face this relaxed before. My anger vanished. Replaced with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry! He started. It was an honest gift. I didn't know you are scared of cats. I actually didn't know what to get you. You said you are bored the other day."

"Okay. "I said nodding my head.

"I will buy you another gift then!"

"No! Thank you".

"It won't be bad this time." He replied as if reading my mind. "You tell me what to get. Some movies you want or something? I will pick it for you. "

Just get me some Disney movies. There is none here. I want frozen, brave, Barbie and Tinker Bell too. I'm really getting excited. I miss watching Disney a lot. Just the thought of having them Is making me happy.

"What are you a kid?" He turned to look at me making me frown at him.

"What?" I stared at him daring him to repeat himself.

"They got me married to a kid. Who is scared of cats and still watches cartoon. I should get you a nanny! " He replied instead with a serious face.

I picked the pillow next to me and hit him with it." You are mean! "

"I didn't mean to get you a nanny". He laughed. "Though you will do good with one. "

"What else do you like? A painting book?" He asked again amused. "I will get you one "he said smiling. He is totally messing with me.

"Get one for yourself!" I replied back.

"Okay! No need to get you that. I get it. "

When are you resuming school he asked?

Yeah school! I totally forgot. It's five weeks already. Which means three weeks left.

Three weeks!

Three more weeks for you to be lazing around. He commented.

I'm not lazing around. I clean the house. I cook 3 meals a day. How is that lazing around?

I'm sorry ma'am. I forgot that you are the cook. Actually I'm hungry can you make something fast? He asked looking at me waiting for reply.

Okay. I smiled. I can't help but to feel like we are close to being couples today. We have never communicated this much before. I made my way to the kitchen. Searching for pot, he came in. What is he doing here? He drag out a chair and sat. I should watch out. You don't leave kids alone in the kitchen is his answer to my un asked question.

How about this chapter? Who wants the next chapter in Adeel's POV? Don't forget to comment!!