24

Thirty minutes until he gets here. I have to admit I'm a Little nervous and a lot more excited about Adeel coming back. He's called me in the morning telling me he will be back around 8-9pm at most and it's already thirty minutes past eight which means he can be here anytime. Today I did work up with new found energy. I have been on my feet all day doing this and that. I checked Adeel's room one more time. Everything cleaned and shiny. Bed sheet changed, toilet sparkly clean. I added the room freshener turned on the AC and closed the door behind me. Food is all ready. I have taken my bath and the only thing that remains is for me to get dressed. A mixture of excitement and nervousness wash over me. I couldn't wait to see him. We haven't been the perfect couples all along but I have missed his presence the five days he has been gone. I was happy when he told me he will be back today instead of two days later. We have talked on phone every morning and night. I stared at the clothes I have picked out with a frown on my face. I want to look beautiful and simple at the same time and I'm also running out of time unable to choose the right cloth. I ignored the pile on my bed and opened my drawer trying to find something. I searched through the clothes until I found a black gown. It's a simple gown. Long sleeve, body fitting and will flow at my feet. I put on my gown and moved to the other tasks at hand. I pulled up my hair in a neat bun atop my head. And put on my red plain deviva head tie. I applied little foundation, powder and a light shade of red lipstick. I added my signature eyeliner. Once convinced with my look I added my pearls to my ears and a faint scented body spray and perform. I walked back to find Asma typing away on her phone as usual. This girl is so obsessed with her phone.

"chatting with Prince Charming Huh? " I teased.

"more like Prince Charming calling " she grinned the same time my phone started ringing.

husband flashed across the screen and I picked off the phone and answered.

Maybe he is already here.

Hello,

"Princess," his voice sounds tired.

"uhum? "

"I'm sorry "

"What? Are you sleeping? "

"Nah, but I'm about to. I couldn't come back today. I called to inform you "

What the heck?

"Princess are you there? "

"Uhm, yeah "

"Are you not mad at me? "

"why would I be? I tried my best to sound nonchalant. I don't want him to know how disappointed and angry I felt. At least he should have told me earlier "

"you might have cooked something for me"

" actually I was about to. It's good thing you called now and not a little later. Good night " I hanged up.

"what should we do with the food Asma? "

"he's not coming back? She asked with wide eyes.

"we should probably put it in the freezer "I muttered.

"Yaya is not coming back? "

"Ahh, the next time I see your Yaya, I'm going to murder him with my own hands. He doesn't even feel sorry.. Ugh.. That man..

"should I say my last prayer before I die? Princess? "

My head whipped so fast it hurts. There standing casually against the door to his room is Adeel with a smirk on his face. I stared at him. He stared at me with his piercing eyes as if peering into my soul. His gaze imprisoned me rendering me immobile.