Chap 9: "He looks quite sentimental too, when it's just the two of you."

"Darcy, hey! I'm coming to pick you up in 30 minutes." Margaux spoke.

"Wh......What?" Darcy sounded sleepy.

"You're still sleeping? Get up you sleepy moron! It's 10 in the morning. Get ready I'm coming."

"It's also the weekend. Let me sleep!" Darcy moaned.

"We had to pick out dresses for ourselves. Come on. Chop chop!"

"Dresses. Right. I'm already up." It seemed as though the word "dresses" energized her.

"See you in half an hour!" With that Margaux ended the call.

Margaux changed into jeans and wore a loose T-shirt on top. She raced downstairs, kissed her mum good-bye and told her that she was going shopping with Darcy. She walked to Darcy's home that was just three blocks from her own home and rang the doorbell. Darcy's mom opened the door.

"Hi darling. How are you? Come on in!"

"Thanks aunt Victoria." Margaux said smiling as she entered the house. "Uh, is Darcy ready?", she asked, sitting down on the couch.

Before Victoria could answer, Darcy came out of her room saying,"Ready. Ready."

"Hi Margaux." Darcy said. "There's a bit change of plans." Margaux looked at Darcy with a questioning look. "My mom would drive us to the mall. She wanted to go to the spa for a massage and also to have her manicure and pedicure done." Darcy said looking a bit embarrassed.

"Oh, no problem." Margaux smiled.

"Well then ladies, shall we?" Victoria asked getting up. Darcy and Margaux got up and started moving towards the car. What their actual plan was, that they'd both take a bus to the mall but this arrangement looked much better since it saved them the bus fare.

"Off you girls go and I'll come and pick you guys up in three hours. Enjoy." Victoria said dropping them off in the parking lot.

"Bye mum." Darcy waved.

"Thanks for the ride." Margaux shouted.

The girls then went into different shops and tried on different dresses and shoes.

"How about this turquoise coloured, dropped strapless taffeta with a bit of a high and low hem on it?" Darcy asked Margaux.

"It's so pretty!" Margaux exclaimed. "You wanna try it?"

"Oh no! I picked this out for you." Darcy said, handing Margaux that dropped strapless taffeta. "Go on and try it. I wanna see how it looks on you."

Margaux took the dress from Darcy and headed towards the fitting room.

"You want some help Margaux?" Darcy shouted from outside the fitting room after like six minutes.

"No I'm fine." Margaux replied. "Be out in a minute or two.

The door opened and Margaux came out wearing that captivating taffeta. Darcy's jaw was literally on the floor.

"Margaux, you look stunning! No one would be able to take their eyes off of you. You'd literally steal the whole dance floor."

"You think?" Margaux asked turning from side to side and looking at herself in the mirror.

"I think? I know it!" Darcy said.

"Let's buy this and then we'll buy you a pretty dress too!" Margaux said. She then went back into the fitting room, removed the dress and came out. "Here, hold this for me will ya?" Margaux asked handing over the dress to Darcy. "I'll go and make the payment." Margaux went up to the cashier to make the payment.