Chap 6: Danielle West.

"Hello. "

"Hello......who is this speaking? "

"Is this Margaux Robespierre's number?"

"Yes, but who is this?"

"Margaux, it's me, Danielle West! It's so good to finally hear your voice! "

"OH MY GOD! Danielle. How are you? Where are you? Is everything alright?" Margaux was getting excited.

"I'm fine and as for where I am! I'm in New York." Danielle laughed as she answered Margaux.

"Conrad would be so happy to see you! You're at home right now, aren't you?"

"No, well I'm traveling in a bus right now, will reach home in almost half an hour!"

"Oh my God, I'm so excited! Have you called Conrad yet? Does he know that you're coming?"

"No, I haven't, yet, and no, he doesn't even know. It's a surprise for him!"

"I'm dying to meet you Danielle!"

"Aw love, the feeling is mutual", Danielle said in a caring tone.

"I don't wanna hang-up but you must be tired, so take care and I'll come to meet you soon. We'll hang out, just like old times. By."

"Sure. Bye."

Danielle was Conrad's elder sister. It was her last year as a collegiate. Although she was just two years older than Conrad, yet, was a lot more wiser and practical than Conrad. She wasn't one of those who would just boast about their wisdom, nor was she arrogant. She was a very humble, down to earth soul, who knew what set of words to use on what class of people. She never wasted her valuable thoughts on people who just wouldn't understand the depths of those words and instead would just mock her.
"The first born in every family is always dreaming for an imaginary older brother or sister who will look out for them." - Bill Cosby.
Being the only child of her parents, Margaux found an elder sister in Danielle and Danielle found herself a little sister, in Margaux's face.
Sisters may be women who grew up under the same roof as you or they may be dear friends.

                                                                 ******

The bus stopped at Newburgh's bus stand. Danielle picked up her luggage and then waved at a taxi. She told him to take her to Carter West's home. Blake street, house mumber 412. Danielle was coming home after two whole years. The wide streets, well-lit alleys, old lampposts and especially Mr. Rochester's famous 'Bread Bakery' all, made her feel as though she was home already. She made a quick stop at Mr. Rochester's, bought herself a bun and then carried on towards her home.

She put her luggage down and then rang the door-bell. Waited for a while and when no one came to answer the door she rang it once again.

"Coming", came a voice from inside. The door opened, and it was Conrad. Danielle's face was still beaming with joy, whereas, Conrad stood there expressionless.
There was silence.

"Hi", said Danielle wanting to break that awkward silence. Conrad just ran to his sister and hugged her so tightly and started crying like an infant. So innocent.

"Hey, it's alright", Danielle laughed.

"Who was at the door Conrad?", asked his mum, Penelope.

"Conrad?"

When she didn't get an answer she went out to see for herself. Tears revved up in the mother's eyes as she saw her daughter standing there.

"Surprise!", said Danielle clumsily.

The mother ran to her daughter and hugged her and kissed her. After Penelope had cried to her heart's content she said, "I'm sorry, to have kept you standting outside. Come in. Conrad, pick up her luggage and put it in her room."

"Right on it." Conrad joked.

"Oh, it's so good to be back home after a long, long time." Danielle said, throwing herself on the couch.

"Why didn't you tell us that you were coming?" Penelope asked.

"Most importantly, why didn't you tell me? ", Conrad asked, coming out of Danielle's room.

"Why, didn't you guys like the surprise?", said Danielle sitting perfectly straight on the couch now.

"Forget everything. I'm just glad that you're here. Now I can have you all to myself.", Conrad said cheekily.

"Not all! I promised to pay Margaux a visit too!"

"Right, Margaux, who can't seem to have enough of you!"

Sharing was one of Conrad's weak points. Especially when it came to the people and things whom he loved.

"How's your college going?", asked Penelope.

"It's going great mum, and next fall, before college finishes we're going to have a small orchestra sort of a thing. Something that'll beautify my resume."

"Honey, that's wonderful!"

"I'm playing the cello by the way."

"Is that a huge violin sort of a thing?", asked Conrad.

"That's called a cello you moron!" Danielle said sternly. "Music adds grace to your personality. The way musicians play, it's all so graceful. Their gestures, and body movements, all so elegant. So, respect them."

That night the Carter house seemed warm and cozy, since the lamp of that house had come back. If only for a short while, but it did.

A/N: Hi guys I'd like to thank you all first, immensely for reading this far because I just got a total of 100 reads. Thankyou sooo much.
Apart from this, Happy Birthday Shawn Mendes!.
How many of you guys ship Cheryl and Liam? Because I for one am a HUGE sinker of this relationship. I mean the nerve of that woman trying to make babies with Liam.
I just wish he goes back to Sophia.
(Oh and by the way, 'Penelope' is pronounced as 'Pen-el-o-pee' and 'Cello' as 'Chello'.)