One

I stare off into the sunset, barely shivering at the cold winter breeze. I stood there, wearing nothing but a oversize worn out tee.

The cold did not bother our kind. We were immune to the ice cold winter weathers, and going out for a long run as the dawn broke through the darkness, was just what I needed.

It was early November.

Two weeks, eight months and counting.

The ice that frosted the earth, the leaves and the trees. They were as cold and frozen as my heart.

The heart that lost hope in finding her mate.

Three seasons,  thirty six months of emptiness, longing and pain.

Three years of searching.

As the last traces of my monthly heat phase diminished. As my body healed, my blood building back its resistance. I finally came out of my room and went for a run.

Relishing at the feel of the winter breeze brushing on my silver white coat.

My kind. We were different from the races that once roam the earth. As the diseased spread all over the earth, regenerating our cells, changing DNA.

We were no longer human. As we became shifters. The new race that roam the earth, man and woman that could turn into wolves.

To this very day, no one has found a cure, nobody wanted to be cured. It was a battle of the fittest with strength, agility, power and intelligence.

The weak had all but died away from the disease. The organisms eating away their flesh.

Whatever it was that changed us. Also changed our intellect, our emotions and our senses. We were now part man and part wolf.

There is a primitive animalistic instinct that lays within us that takes control of our bodily urges.

We became physically strong, mentally intelligent, and overrun by emotions.

Emotions dominated our bodies pulsating with insane hormones.

We are possessive, and easily angered. We were territorial and passionate.

We are wolves.
We became Werewolves.

I was born- while the rest, were turned.
Only few of them remain, and they are the strongest, most fiercest, most agile, intelligent and the deadliest of our kind.
They are called the pure ones.
They were once human, they were the ones who survived the disease.

There are about approximately five million werewolves in population on this side of the earth.

The pure ones were a total population of five hundred. Two hundred mated and three hundred wolves unmated.

A total of four hundred and fifty males, and fifty females.

Females were a scarcity in the were population.
Because males often fought over a female in heat season.

Females were fierce yet timid wolves. Submissive to authority, we were genetically altered to please the males. Most science say it was to ensure that we do not come to extinction. Under the rule of our Alpha and/or our mate. We gave up all right and control unless unjust and unlawful.

Females when reach the age of puberty would be experiencing the pre-heating phase at the age of thirteen. The body would increase its temperature into a feverish level every seven days in a month. It was the werewolf definition of a human bleeding period. For our kind, at the age of thirteen our body would develop new hormones that would prepare our bodies for first heat. When in heat at the age of sixteen, is when we are to start seeking our mates. Our sexual drives will be over the top and uncontrollable, our body would be burning with fever, we were in great amount of constant pain. Heat for a female was like childbirth. Therefore- the invention of suppressants. The injection was to be taken monthly, to prevent our bodies from feeling any sort of pain. That however doesn't take away the fever. But the injections were only made for unmated females.