Chapter 26: First Civilization

Start from the beginning

“For you to come home! We miss you terribly. There’s still so much work for us to do together!”

“More like strap him to a machine and do experiments on him.” I whispered to myself

“It’s not happening, Warren.” Lucy said

“You continue to disappoint in every conceivable way, Ms, Stillman. I saved your life, once. Do you remember? And THIS is how you repay me?”

“You save me so you could keep experimenting on people –destroying their lives –and for what?”

“Oh this tired argument again. As I recall, you were there –at my side –every step of the way . . . Their blood is on YOUR hands just as much as MINE.”

  Lucy turned to Desmond.

“You need to stop him.”

  Desmond nodded his head and took a step forward, “I’m on it.”

  Vidic turned and walked away as two guards came from the direction he was leaving and four from the sides. There was already the two that Vidic had with him here too. Lucy, Desmond and I went up to go fight them. Three surrounded me. I went into first stance and waited for one of them to attack first. Of course they attacked a few seconds later. I jumped out of the way. I tried to grab the man’s stick but I missed. Shit!

  I went back into first stance and tried again. Another guard attacked me. I took a step to the side to avoid his hit and grabbed his stick. I kicked right in the testicles and he fell to the ground and left the stick in my hands. I took the stick and hit him in the stomach a few times to make sure he wasn’t coming back up. I went into first stance again and looked to the other two guards. One aimed for my arm but I blocked it and punched the man in the stomach and took a step behind him and hit him in the back with the stick. He fell to the ground with a thud.

  The last guard aimed for my shoulder. I ducked and swiped the stick under his feet causing him to lose balance and fall. I hit the man in the stomach a few times. Lucy and Desmond had just knocked down their last ones too. We ran around the corner to get ambushed by eight more guards. Three aimed for me again. I still had the stick in my hands. I went into first stance and looked at all three guards.

  Two guards attacked me at the same time. I took a step back and punched one in the stomach and stumbled back. I took the stick and hit his open neck and he fell to the ground. I turned to the other two guards and went into first stance. One of the guards hit me on the side of the leg. I stumbled back and held my leg. He hit me pretty hard. I recovered but I was limping now. I went into first stance again. I kept my hand on my leg while I looked between the two guards.

  The two guards attacked at the same time. I jumped to the side and hit the one closes to me behind the legs. He fell down to the ground and hit his back. He didn’t get up so I took that as a good thing and looked to the last guard. He aimed for my injured leg, but I side-stepped and hit his side and then hit his back. He fell to the ground. I threw the stick to the ground. I was done.

  Desmond started to walk over to Vidic. Lucy came up beside me and wrapped an arm around me to help me stay up. Shaun and Rebecca came up beside Lucy and I. Desmond started to walk towards Vidic.

“Uh-oh, Doc. Looks like it’s just you and me now.”

“Enjoy you victory Mister Miles, temporary as it is.”

  Vidic’s truck started to speed off. Desmond didn’t do anything. He just stood there. Lucy looked to Shaun as Rebecca walked over to Desmond.

“Desmond! We have to go!”

  Rebecca sped off towards our truck with some tech stuff in her hands. Lucy handed me over to Shaun and we walked off towards the van. Desmond followed behind us. Shaun helped me into the van. Desmond finally got over to the van when Shaun was about to help Lucy get in.