Chapter 2: Back Again

"Vega! Wake up, you're going in the Animus."

  I groaned as I rolled over. Lucy walked over to me and then poured cold water on me. I got up a bit startled that she would even do that. I looked down to my wet shirt and then back to her.

"What the fuck was that for?!"

"You wouldn't get up."

  She walked away and then went towards her desk. I huffed, rolled my eyes and then got out of bed. I started to whisper curses under my breath as I walked over to the dresser that was there with a few extra clothes just in case. I looked in it and found nothing. I sighed and then took off my shirt. Now, I was just in my tank top and bra. This is going to be great! I looked over to the Animus Desmond was in. Right beside his was another Animus. I hung my head down low before I spoke up.

"You found my ancestor?"

"Yup, we sure did!" Rebecca replied

"Who am I this time?"

"Jessica Ghezzi." Lucy replied

"Oh, great!" I said sarcastically

  Rebecca got up from her seat and went over to the other Animus. She hooked up a few things and then moved out of my way so that I can lay down on the Animus. I lay down and then got comfortable. I knew I was going to be in the Animus for a while. Rebecca lowered the screen in front of my vision and then I went to the white screen. I clicked on what I clicked before and then I got started.

_________________________

Year: 1485

Venezia

  I had just got off the boat I was on. I am in Venezia at the moment. Apparently, there is not one boat that will take me right to Forlì. So, now I have to stop in Venezia for a while. I looked around and then climbed up on the roofs. I loved climbing on the roofs. It helps me relax. I started to run on the roofs and jump across to the next one. I have only ever been in Venezia a few times. I am not very familiar with it. I kept running when I heard a guard yell.

"Assassino! [Assassin]"

  I turned around and did not see a guard after me. I looked around and there were no guards around. None was running towards me and none had their arrows up and ready to aim. I looked down to the streets below and then I saw an Assassin fighting several guards. I looked down and then looked around me. I did not know what to do. Should I go and help the Assassin or let him fight? I decided I would watch and see how things go before I get myself involved. I looked down and saw that the Assassin had some good fighting skills but they were not as good as someone who has been an Assassin for a long time.

  I knew that the Assassin had a few years of experience but he was still just learning. I looked away for a second before a guard got the Assassin. I heard a groan and then the Assassin started to hold his arm. I looked around and then looked down again. I knew I had to get involved. The Assassin took first stance but his arm was weak. He was having troubles holding up his own sword. I extended my hidden blades and then looked down. The two closes to me will be my target and then I will pull out my sword and go from there.

  I jumped down and aimed for their backs. I landed on top of both and I could feel the hidden blades go through their armor and through their skin. I withdrew my hidden blades and quickly got out my sword. There were only two left. One came running towards me but I quickly pulled my sword in front of me stabbing the guard in the stomach on his way over to me. I quickly ran up behind the other guard and stabbed him in the back. I put my sword away and then looked over to the Assassin. My eyes went wide. I never thought I would see this man again. I tried to go back to being composed. I looked at the Assassin. He looked at me a quick moment before he was leaning against the wall.