Chapter 7: Open Wounds

Year: 1485

Villa

“Ezio! Svegliare il cazzo! [wake the fuck up]”

  I heard a groan and footsteps coming to the door. Ezio opened the door and was shocked to see me. He looked to me a bit confused about why I was waking him up at this unholy hour and why I was in my Assassin robes. He looked me over and then walked in his room with the door open. He motioned for me to come in. I walked in and closed the door.

“You can just walk in if you want.”

“Noted, now. Get dressed! We have work to do!”

  Ezio turned around to look at me. He squinted his eyes a bit and then walked over to his robes. He looked back to me and just stopped to think for a second.

“Didn’t you say you were not training me anymore?”

“Sì, but I have one more thing to show you.”

  I turned around on the balls for my feet and headed towards the door. I opened the door a bit before Ezio spoke up.

“I will be down in five.”

  I nodded my head and then walked out of the room and headed to the front of the Villa. I walked around for a bit before Ezio walked out with his hood down and in his new robes. I smiled at him and then started to climb up the side of the building. Once I got to the top, I looked down to Ezio who was just looking at me. I nodded my head towards two dummy guards.

“Climb up and kill each one without me noticing.”

  I started to walk off before I looked down to Ezio again.

“Oh, and no hidden blades.”

  He groaned and ran off somewhere. I smiled. Hopefully this will work. I went to go and stand a few feet back from the two dummies. I looked around and I didn’t see Ezio. I looked to my side and over the edge. When I looked back to the dummies, one was missing. I smiled; at least I knew he was still up and working. I walked over to the spot where the dummy just was and looked over the edge. The dummy was on the ground. I turned around and saw the other dummy was gone.

  I smiled as I walked over to the other side. I looked over the edge and saw the dummy on the ground with a knife in him. I turned around and Ezio was right in front of me. He looked down to me and then spoke up.

“How did I do?”

  I shrugged my shoulders and then walked off. I started to climb up to the small roof as Ezio followed me. Once I was at the top of the roof I looked around. The Villa looked nice with the sunrise. Ezio climbed up and stood beside me. We both looked out to the Villa. Ezio cleared his throat reminding me of his presence. I jerk my head in his direction.

“Hmm?”

“What are we doing?”

“Watching the sunrise.”

“Preché? [why]”

“Because I use to do this as a kid when Mario wanted me up early for training.”

  I looked out to the Villa. Ezio walked in front of me and sat down on the edge. He put his hands to his head and then looked up to the Villa. I looked over to him and decided to join him. I sat down beside him and looked out to the Villa. Ezio sighed and then looked over to me.

“Honestly, why are we doing this? If I got up early, then I want to do something productive.”

“Ezio, do you . . . do you not remember?”