Chapter 17: A Prophets Arrival

Year: 1488

Venezia

  I pointed to the building I told Ezio to go to the rest of the group. They looked up and then around the area. I looked around as well. I turned back to look at the group. We only had a few minutes before Ezio was up there. I looked around the dock when I saw a building. I ran over and hid behind it. I peaked my head around the corner. I had a good view of the docks. I stepped out from around the corner and headed back to the group.

“Someone can track down The Apple from that corner there.”

“I’ll do it. That way if Ezio does see me, he’ll think I’m here for the same reason or for no reason at all.” Mario said

  I nodded my head and then looked to the rest of the group.

“I’m trusting Ezio can do this by himself without getting into trouble. I’ll be following him but at a safe distance.”

“What about the rest of us?” asked Teodora

“I have a feeling I’m going to need anybody that can fight.”

  I pointed to Antonio, Mario, La Volpe and Bartolomeo.

“I’ll need you four with me. Just in case. The rest of you will need to stay close. Got it?”

  They all nodded their heads.

“Niente è vero, tutto è permesso. [nothing is true, everything is permitted]”

  I turned around and walked off. The four men followed me. We got to the building that Mario would be hiding at. We stepped behind the building so that we were hidden in the shadows. I looked to the four men.

“Mario, you will stay here and follow Ezio.”

  I turned around and looked to see if Ezio was there or not, he wasn’t which was good. I turned back to the four men.

“You three,” I pointed to the rest of the men, “Will follow Mario or Ezio, but from a distance. We cannot screw this up.”

  They nodded their heads. I looked up to the building and saw that Ezio was about finished climbing the wall. I turned back to the men.

“We’ll follow Ezio until he stops. Let’s try to stay close by to each other.”

  I started to walk away and head to another hiding spot. So did the three men. I stayed on the ground and so did the rest of them. The guard handed The Apple to another guard who started to run off. I looked over to Mario. He wasn’t moving just yet, which might be a good thing. The guard ran to his destination. I stayed close behind Mario and Ezio. I kept an eye on Ezio. I smiled when I saw him in action. He had learned and improved. Perhaps, he was done with training.

  I stopped when I saw that the guard walked into a guarded area. I sighed and then looked for Mario and the rest of them. I found them at the back of a building a few feet away from the area. I jogged up to the four of them and joined the circle.

“What now?” asked Antonio

  I looked up to the roofs and saw that Ezio was already getting into the area to infiltrate the delivery. I grinned and turned back to the four of them.

“We wait.”

  I turned and looked back up the roofs. Ezio wasn’t there anymore and I couldn’t see him. He was inside. I turned to look at the four men.

“Spread out like before and when you see a group of guards come out of that area,” I pointed to the guarded entrance, “follow it.”

“But, why? We lost Ezio.” La Volpe said