Chapter 5

(Emma's POV)

It's now the Thursday of the second week of school. Graham and I got together yesterday to finish the school project, and we've gotten pretty close. It's not a crush exactly, but he is fun. Last night, once we were done the project he kissed me goodbye, which is exactly what I was hoping he would do.

I'm woken up, not to my alarm that I've snoozed 3 times, but to a text from Lily.

Em get up, I know ur still sleeping – L

How does she know? She knows me so well.

Then y are u waking me up? – E

Cause I'm a good best friend and don't want u to get detention w/ Mr. Jones – L

I groan, but know she's right. I need to get up.

Fine I'm up - E

Elsa and I maneuver around each other in the bathroom, we have it down to a science at this point. We are both ready, but just in time to run to the bus stop.

I meet up with Lily and Ruby in the hall, and we walk around the school, we still have 5 minutes.

"Graham told me you guys hung out last night," Ruby says.

"It wasn't anything really, he is a sweet talker though," I tell them.

"Aww," the both sigh cutely. I roll my eyes. I don't think Graham and I are going to turn into anything serious, but it's nice to see them so happy for me. The first bell rings, but we all just keep talking as we walk towards the class.

"So do you like him Em?" Lily asks.

"He's nice," I say simply.

"That's not what I meant and you know it, come on," she insists.

"All I know right now is that he has soft lips," I say remembering the feeling of his lips briefly on mine.

"I know right?" Ruby says. I turn to her in shock, but surprisingly not with jealousy. I guess I know that what Graham and I have is just fun, nothing serious.

"Oh we never went out or anything, just kissed, a while ago. He's just kind of a flirt."

"I know, and maybe it's for the best we stay that way. I'm not really good at relationships. Plus it's more fun this way," I say. The class bell rings, and we see the door starting to close in front of us. We run a few steps, and I stick my hand out to keep the door from closing, a pretty risky move actually. My hand could have gotten slammed! Thankfully he stops, opening it back up to see the three of us. He looks at me as we walk through the door, well more like glares.

"Pop quiz," he announces loudly, getting everyone's attention instantly. I look to Lily, whose seat is right across the small isle between the desks, and roll my eyes. She looks down awkwardly, and I can sense why because when I turn my head, Mr. Jones is towering in front of me, handing out the quizzes. Shit, did he see me?

"See me after class Miss Swan," he says to me while handing me a quiz. That would be a yes. I nod, but that doesn't seem to be enough for him, he just raises his eyebrow at me and waits.

"Yes sir," I say embarrassed. Everyone is looking at me now after being scolded by the teacher. Great start to the day Emma.

After the quiz, he handed out a worksheet. The quiz left about 20 minutes to work on the worksheet, and I talked to Lily for most of it. We did some of the work, but most of the sheet is blank when the bell rings. I start to get up, and gather my stuff, but then I hear;